✨ Editor elements get drag-and-drop!

Hi Atlassian Community 👋 I’m Rory, a Product Manager from the Atlassian Editor team.

I’m incredibly excited to announce the arrival of drag-and-drop for editor elements in Confluence!

Structuring and rearranging content on a page can take time - especially when you need to cut and paste. With drag-and-drop for elements you can now quickly and easily rearrange your content with a single click and drag, saving you time and streamlining your content creation process.

✨ Re-arrange any top level element with drag-and-drop

Use the drag handle to rearrange any top-level element on your page.

Drag2 (1).gif

ℹ️ Note: With this release we are enabling drag-and-drop for top level elements on the page - this includes any native elements (e.g. paragraphs, tables, media), smart links and macros. Drag-and-drop for content in nested scenarios, or for inline elements is not yet supported. For now we’ve also limited the feature to smaller, less complex pages.

Single-click selection

Select any element with a single click of the drag handle.

Select2.gif

Auto-scroll above or below the fold

Move content above or below the fold with automatic scrolling, ensuring smooth navigation while rearranging elements.

Drop2.gif

Drag-and-drop will be coming to a page near you over the next month, so if you don’t see it yet, you will soon!

We hope you are as excited as we are about this feature 🙌 Please don’t hesitate to drop your feedback in the comments below - we would ❤️ to hear what you think and what you’d like to see next!

6 comments

Tami Dubi July 2, 2024

Hi thanks for sharing,

Looks great
When is it rolling out? I didn't see it in the weekly Atlassian releases
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog/2024/07/atlassian-cloud-changes-jun-24-to-jul-1-2024#AtlassianCloudchangesJun24toJul1,2024-confluence

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2024

Great to see that Notion blocks will finally become available as Confluence editor elements 😉

Like # people like this
Dylan Lindsay July 3, 2024

Hey @Rory Baker ,

Looks like a useful improvement! Are app vendor macros catered for (provided that they're not nested or inline)? 

Cheers,

Dylan

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2024

Yay, hurray, and thank you! Of course, I really could have used this 2 days ago, but I'll be happy for it when it arrives in my cloud.

Like Tomislav Tobijas likes this
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2024

Cool new features for the Confluence editor! .. looking foward 👍😊

Like # people like this
Rory Baker
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2024

Thank you all for the feedback!

@Tami Dubi - this feature is progressively rolling out over the next month and should appear in next weeks Confluence Cloud release blog.

@Dylan Lindsay - yes this feature will support app vendor macros (provided they are not nested or inline) 😃

Like Barbara Szczesniak likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events