Editing long Confluence pages just got easier

Hi Atlassian Community,

My name is Sekajipo Taplah, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team.

If you frequently work on long Confluence pages, you've likely experienced the pain of clicking edit in the hopes of quickly jumping back into work, only to be taken to the top of your page and having to scroll down to the spot you want to edit. 

This is no longer the case with quick edit, which automatically takes you to the same spot you were viewing, when you enter edit mode on the page. 

before_e_button.gif

Before

after_e_button.gif

After                                                             

We recognize that this is one of the most prominent customer asks over the last few years and greatly appreciate all the feedback. Editing is core and frequent to your Confluence experience, and we're iterating on that experience to meet your needs. This update is just one of many Confluence improvements coming. 

Quick edit is currently rolling out so if you don’t see it on your Confluence Cloud instance today, it should come to your site soon.

How to get started:

1. Scroll to where you want to edit on a Confluence page

2. Hit E or the pencil button and you’ll be taken to edit mode at your desired location

quick_edits_promo.png

Feedback or Questions

We want your feedback! Please drop any comments or questions below 👇 and stay tuned for more Confluence editing improvements.

58 comments

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2022

Wow. This is really helpful feature. Thanks for sharing .

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2022

Much needed and appreciated!

Like # people like this
Meg Wedding June 19, 2022

This is awesome - thanks team!

Like Reni Carlson likes this
EL OUALID Sara June 20, 2022

This is great news!!

However, for me it does only work with the "E" shortcut, the pencil button is only accessible on the top of the pages, and it automatically take me to the top of the page

Sekajipo Taplah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2022

Hi @EL OUALID Sara ! Thanks so much for your feedback ! The pencil button should be available when you scroll down too

You have to pause your scroll and scroll up slightly for it to appear when you're anywhere else on the page. Please let me know if you have any additional feedback!

Like # people like this
Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2022

For me the pencil is not available on scrolling done and the shortcut doesn't work either.

Our sandbox is running on the continuous release track, but the functions are not there.

Like Genovéva Horváth likes this
EL OUALID Sara June 28, 2022

@Sekajipo Taplah thank you for your answer, I checked and it works like you described it.

Best regards

Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro July 6, 2022

Wow, terrific!

Urmo Keskel July 12, 2022

Cool feature!

It seems that to get pencil visible you have to stop scrolling down and also scroll back a bit. Why it would not appear just after stopping scrolling?

There is no need to press "command + E" as the picture in the article shows, for getting editing mode just pressing "e" works.

Like # people like this
sushma_suresh July 12, 2022

Amazing! I was just thinking yesterday how cumbersome the scrolling is to edit a long page.. It is like you read my mind!! :) Thank you!

Like # people like this
david.wall July 13, 2022

Doesn't work at all for me and I really need it!

Like Aleksandra Grigorenko likes this
Sekajipo Taplah
Atlassian Team
July 13, 2022

@david.wall we haven't rolled out to all instances yet, you'll be seeing it in the near future 

Antoine Delorme July 13, 2022

love it

Cameron Palmer July 13, 2022

Hopefully some of these nice features will come to Data Center as well!

Like Nirmani Kalakheti likes this
Ross M_ July 13, 2022

I think it's also just `E` even on windows. I never use ctrl

isaiah berg July 13, 2022

Thank you! Pressing "E" was my first Confluence feature discovery, and this is a huge upgrade to the editing flow!

Jerry Tabeling July 13, 2022

This is amazing!!!!!! 

Like Ashleigh Christopher likes this
Karie Price July 13, 2022

Love this new feature! And I didn't know about the 'E' so that's a bonus new feature for me.

Like Ashleigh Christopher likes this
rhollingshead July 13, 2022

This makes my heart happy!

Collista Lewingdon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2022

Just checked out this new feature and LOVE it!!!

Tash )))* July 13, 2022

This would be a great feature.  When does this become available?  Mine still works the old way.

Ethan July 13, 2022

Did i do something wrong as it didn't work for me.

The steps i took was to open a page,

edit a place further down the page,

Close page

Edit the page again. - did not bring me to the last location where i edited the document. 

Like Tash )))* likes this
Muhammad S Maromi July 13, 2022

me too, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

but this is a great initiative!

Tash )))* July 13, 2022

Yip definitely not working for me so would like to know when and how this is being rolled out

s.akbarov July 13, 2022

This feature came really on time, I was just about to suggest adding this :) 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events