Edit Confluence pages faster

Hello Atlassian Community,

My name is Siddharth. I am a Software Engineer at Atlassian, and I am super excited to introduce a quicker way to start editing a page.

Before, it took at least two clicks to edit a page – navigating to the published page, and clicking the pencil ✎ or using the "e" keyboard shortcut.

Now, we’re making it quicker to begin editing a page. You can immediately edit a page from a couple places.

Recent Menu

image-20210331-231143.png

Home page

image-20210331-231230.png

This shortcut to edit eliminates the extra page click and an extra page load required to open the page; hence, making it quicker to access the editable version of an existing page.

Our pursuit of improving your editing experience does not stop here, we have a bunch of improvements and new features lined up that are aimed at making your editing experience fun and fast, so stay tuned and leave your feedback below.

2 comments

Ryan Beller April 14, 2021

@Siddharth Reddy Malkireddy - does this only apply to the Recents menu -- and not search, any macros, or the page tree in the sidebar?

Siddharth Reddy Malkireddy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2021

Hi @Ryan Beller, thanks for the question. Currently this feature only applies to the Recents menu. However, we are looking into other places where this action would be useful.

Like Steven Poling likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events