Early Access Program for Copy Product Data for Confluence spaces

Hi Atlassian Community,

I’m Swarna, a product manager on the cloud-to-cloud migrations team. Over the past couple of years, we’ve seen requests to provide cloud-to-cloud migrations for Confluence, similar to the already available cloud-to-cloud migrations tooling in Jira Software Cloud.

I’m excited to share that we’re rolling out the capability to copy Confluence spaces from one site to another within and across orgs. Learn more about what you can copy as part of this EAP

With this feature, you’ll no longer need to raise support tickets to copy data across sites. To validate that this feature meets your needs, we invite you to join our early access program (EAP). 

copy-data-gif2.gif

Who are we looking for?

Confluence cloud admins who:

• Are org admins

• Manage data across multiple cloud sites

• Use any edition (free, standard, premium, enterprise)

• Manage any number of users

How to sign up for the EAP

Step 1: Sign up here: https://surveys.atlassian.com/jfe/form/SV_egJOIFozwWzJ4Oi

Step 2: If you are selected, we’ll reach out in July '23 to confirm your participation.

Step 3: We will then provision your site to allow you to copy product data from admin.atlassian.com. We’ll also invite you to a private community group where you can ask questions, give feedback, and discuss this feature with everyone.

What’s in it for you?

• An opportunity to provide direct feedback to our product team, which will go into shaping this new copy data feature for everyone

• Engagement time with our product team

• Earlier access and more time to try out the new copy product data for Confluence spaces than anyone else

How long will this EAP run?

This EAP program will run for a maximum of 3 months from the start date for the team to evaluate the platform we have built. Atlassian reserves the right to end this EAP earlier if we have received satisfactory levels of customer feedback earlier. Based on the results, the product will then be available as a Beta later.

Questions

This EAP is the first of many exciting things we’re building to empower your teams to do more with your data seamlessly within our platform. If you have any questions about this program, terms and conditions, your eligibility for early access, or the existing cloud-to-cloud Jira Software Cloud feature, please email us at smehta2@atlassian.com or comment below.

13 comments

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

@Swarna Mehta signed up and looking forward to helping.

Like Swarna Mehta likes this
Swarna Mehta
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2023

@Andy Gladstone Thanks for the signup! Looking forward to sharing details with you in early July. 

If I could make an additional request as you are a community leader, please feel free to socialize this in the community with other customers who might be interested! Thanks again!

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2023

@Swarna Mehta done! I'll continue to promote, but have already started the effort.

Like Swarna Mehta likes this
Swarna Mehta
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2023
Hi!

Thank you to everyone that has reached out to participate in our early access program! We have reached capacity for the first phase of our program and will circle back once we have wider updates to share with the group.
Those who have signed up should hear from us via email in the first half of July. If you have any questions or would like to be considered for the next phase, please comment below.
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 24, 2023

Looking great @Swarna Mehta!

We're pretty excited about this one, especially since a lot of people used this functionality on Server/DC as a workaround for creating custom space templates.

However your team uses it, we had to make a video to help folks jump on the hype train: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/q0-mLmB0WhY

Like # people like this
Swarna Mehta
Atlassian Team
August 27, 2023

@Matt Reiner _K15t_ this is great! Thanks for creating the hype.
While the early access program is closed, we should be able to ship out the Beta for all customers within the next few months. Hope to see such videos increase awareness in the future!

Like Matt Reiner _K15t_ likes this
Adrian Rybski November 7, 2023

Hi!
I was wondering if we could also become part of the EAP. We're looking for a way of migrating spaces from one of our cloud sites to another. We have over 180 spaces and exporting them one by one and then importing them to another cloud site is not really the approach we'd like to take. If it's somehow possible to include us in the program (even though it's closed) or just enable this feature on our org, that would be perfect!

Guilherme Jacondino November 16, 2023

@Swarna Mehta this is a great and very useful feature so I'm wondering if you can provide some visibility of when this will be publicly available. We are working with a customer as of today and we don't really have a good option to consolidate their spaces in Cloud other than via this feature. In case there's still a way to enrol for the EAP, we would be interested as well. Any insight that you can share is welcomed! Thanks!

Swarna Mehta
Atlassian Team
November 19, 2023

@Guilherme Jacondino @Adrian Rybski I am happy to share that noticing the usefulness of the feature, we have already started a slow roll out of the feature as an Open Beta. We should be 100% rolled out by mid December 2023.

We have closed our sign-ups due to more than expected demand as mentioned above. If you want this feature before mid-December, please email me at at smehta2@atlassian.com

@Adrian Rybski I notice you've emailed already. I will connect back on email with you.

Elena Lurye December 7, 2023

Hi @Swarna Mehta ,

This is a great! Wanted to check with you if mid-December is still the date for everyone to have this functionality.

Thanks!

Swarna Mehta
Atlassian Team
December 7, 2023

Hey @Elena Lurye 
We're in the process of roll out. So we should be able to roll out to all customers by 15-20th December 2023.

Jessie Sodolo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 16, 2024

Hello, 

How can I receive early access to this Confluence migration tool?

Please let me know, 

Thank you, 

Elena Lurye January 16, 2024

Hi @Jessie Sodolo , you probably have it already. It should be rolled out to every site.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events