Do you use Confluence pages natively within other products? We want to talk to you!

Hi Community!

My name is Annie, I am a Product Manager at Atlassian working on bringing a Confluence page experience natively into any work productivity apps that you work in. This capability allows you to create, edit, and view Confluence pages wherever you are without disrupting your workflow or opening new tabs to go to Confluence. We are excited to continue upgrading cross flow experiences for our Atlassian users and their other work management tools!

We are currently live in several products including:

Here’s an example of how this looks in Jira Project Pages →

Click to View c.gif

I’m here today because we want to collect product feedback to inform our product roadmap and prioritize improvements based on how YOU are using it.

Specifically, we’re looking to talk with people who:

• View, create, or edit Confluence pages that are currently embedded into other products such as Jira or MS Teams.

• Need to share out a Confluence page, collaborate with team mates on a Confluence page

If you match the description above, we would love to talk to you!

If you are interested, please email me at alieu@atlassian.com and I will be in touch shortly with more details and to possibly setup a time to chat.

As thanks for your time, would love to send a $100 dollar Amazon giftcard after our sessions! 

Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon!

Cheers,

Annie Lieu

8 comments

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

@Annie Lieu it looks like the link to the survey has the wrong permissions set up. I was unable to access it.

Screenshot 2022-12-01 120407.png

Annie Lieu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2022

@Danno Hi Danno! Thank you for your interest and highlighting this problem. Have been discussing this permissions settings with my team and the org is actually no longer using Google Forms so I have removed it. Would still love to hear from you and set up some time to go over your feedback/thoughts on our Confluence feature so far! Could you email me at alieu@atlassian.com expressing interest so I can start the scheduling process? 

Marin
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 1, 2022

Hi Annie, what about embedding other products into Confluence? Can we speak about that topic too?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2022

Hi Annie

Would be great if you fix these issues first

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-68678

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-30161

Thanks

Alex

Annie Lieu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2022

@Marin Varvodic Hi Marin! We'll be using this research time to work on improving our Confluence in other product experience but will flag you/raise another thread for when we look into more integration work in the future. Thanks for the question!

Annie Lieu
Atlassian Team
December 2, 2022

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ Hi Alex! Thanks for raising these issues.

Taking a stab at the first issue regarding connect macros, this ticket was raised before our JSM Portal View release, which should have replaced your previous Jira Service Desk experience. From our end, the Table Filter macro is working. In the past, Jira Service Management would proxy any GET requests to confluence for their server rendered version but it did not work for the POST requests.  With our release of portal this proxying does not happen anymore.  The calls made by the macro are now attached with our custom header and permissions should work. Could you review if this is still a recurring issue on your end and if so mind sending the screenshots/errors my way?

As for the second ticket, this is related to Data Center and Service functionality and not my team - I will make sure to highlight it to them! Thanks again. 

erin_moore February 9, 2023

Editing a Confluence page is still taking me to Confluence, rather than editing within JIRA project pages. Am I missing something?

Like Annie Lieu likes this
Annie Lieu
Atlassian Team
February 13, 2023

Hi @erin_moore . Confluence pages are currently going through an entire backend service change from one host server to a new faster server. For some project pages/existing Confluence pages, editing will force the page to open in a new tab within Confluence since it is still being hosted on the old server and project pages module doesn't support the old system. Sorry for the inconvenience! 

We are currently prioritizing on migrating all existing Confluence project pages to the new server to avoid this behavior and will keep you posted. 

In the meantime, if you have anymore feedback on trying/using Project pages in Jira please reach out! 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events