Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decision report macro now available to aggregate all your decisions

45 comments

V Chin August 20, 2021

Niraj - So I'm trying to figure out the page title sort.  I have my titles done by date, and it would great if it were reverse chronological order, but right now, I have a random order (see below).  Any way to fix this?

Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 3.55.15 PM.png

Niraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2021

Hi All, 
You can now sort the pages in the decision report macro by Title, Creation Date, or Modified date.

CC: @elena_tsybulskaya , @Krzysztof Tomicz , @wrbrand , @Sundip - DO NOT USE - Jani , @anne gibson @Max Allen @Victoria Chin 

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 10.18.44 PM.png

Like Sai Ramanathan likes this
James Edlin Parker September 22, 2021

I have been unable to add the macro.  It doesn't show up in the macro search list and if I am on a confluence page and type /decision report it literally just shows that text.  What release of confluence do we have to have in order for this to work?

Cecilia October 13, 2021

Hi @Niraj , is there or will there be the possibility to "Remove Surrounding Panel" ? just like it exists for the macro excerpt include ? I want to use this macro to summarize all the FAQs available in one space. Or probably there is another option ? thank you !

nicola ferro December 15, 2021

@Niraj I need to aggregate decisions for the same page where they are logged. Is it possibile? How can I perform this? thanks!

Niraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2021

@nicola ferro Something like this?Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 11.32.12 PM.png

One possible way is to add a filter with title in the current space like below. It might take a few minutes after publishing the page for data to show in the macro. This is because the search index needs to be updated.

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 11.33.39 PM.png

Greg Young January 11, 2022

Hi there.  We're evaluating the Decision macro currently and feel it could be a very powerful tool, however we had some thoughts on what would make it more usable for us.

Have you considered extending out the "Decision" itself and possibly allowing for custom "Decision Templates" to be defined to allow the users to capture more information.  Ideally we'd like to be able to capture a date, status, stakeholder name to name a few potential fields.

I appreciate we can put this content into a decision by using "/", but if we could define these as custom fields it would allow for really powerful reporting within the decision report itself and allow the report to be filtered or sorted by any of the custom fields.

Also, the ability to export this data from a custom report to another format would be really useful.

Here's an example of what we may want a custom decision template to look like...

Decision.PNG

The details, status, stakeholder and date would all be captured as individual fields that could then be used for sorting and filtering within the decision report.

While the system in place currently is great and very useful for certain projects, I don't think it would be powerful enough currently for us to use.

Thanks for your time,

Greg

Like # people like this
Crescenzo D_Alessandro January 11, 2022

Hi, I find this feature very helpful.

On the report specifically I wonder if it's possible to enhance it to filter on text in the decision. The current filter allows selection of pages with specific text, but what I am thinking about is the ability to show decisions depending on keywords (in the text itself or in a status).

One example would be to report decisions depending on whether they are active, pending or superseded.

Thank you!

Enzo

P.S. Incidentally I agree with @Greg Young about capturing more information on the decision.

Like # people like this
yoni.degani February 28, 2022

Hi Niraj, is there a syntax to indicate *ALL* spaces during Macro setup? In other words, I would like for the macro to pull all decisions across our Confluence instance, regardless what space the decision was located. 

It may be worth noting that I'm using an additional filter by label during macro setup - so, looking to aggregate all decisions that were captured on pages that have the "xxxx" label, regardless what space they're in. 

Our confluence footprint is growing quite large and its cumbersome to list out every space to collect decisions from.

Niraj
Atlassian Team
February 28, 2022

@Yoni Degani  You can configure it to select decisions from both site spaces and personal spaces 

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 4.21.09 PM.png

Like yoni.degani likes this
Dash_ Karrie Contractor August 15, 2022

Is this Marco expected to be available for Confluence Server?

Dirk Spannaus September 26, 2022

@Niraj there is the filter option, that allows to only filter for child pages. However - it ignores grand children pages? How can I filter for all pages below the current one with the decision report? Not just one level below?

Thanks a lot!

Leane Harding September 29, 2022

Hi @Niraj - is there a way to download all decisions into a single report?  Thank you!

Niraj
Atlassian Team
September 29, 2022

@Dirk Spannaus Yes, using ancestor filter
Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 3.45.47 PM.png

Niraj
Atlassian Team
September 29, 2022

@Dash_ Karrie Contractor No, this macro is only available on the cloud version.

Niraj
Atlassian Team
September 29, 2022

@Leane Harding Did not understand your question. If you are trying to display all the decisions on the site on a single decision report macro, look for the response to Yoni a few comments above.

Leane Harding September 29, 2022

Thanks, @Niraj & apologies if my question was not clear.  I understand how to set up the page to reflect all the decisions, but if I wanted to export (perhaps into a word or pdf) the single Confluence page that reflects all of the decision relating to all of the pages, is that possible?  Cheers!

Niraj
Atlassian Team
September 29, 2022

Ah, you cannot just export a report. An alternate would be to export the page with the report macro, which you can do via an option under more action.

Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 4.48.23 PM.png

Wesley Murray November 24, 2022

This is awesome! Curious if there is a way that I can have the log only pull certain decisions? 

For example when we label a decision to "Deferred To Next Meeting" it would be awesome for the report to pull a list of items that have been deferred. 

Or even as simple as "open" 

moustapha January 15, 2023

Hi, @Niraj is it possible to change the page's layout? I would like to make the 'Page title' column less wide.
Also, would it be possible to hide the Page title column?

The need behind these is to emphasize decisions on the report page more. 

Thanks 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events