Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decision report macro now available to aggregate all your decisions

Hi Community, my name is Niraj and I’m one of the architects on the Confluence Cloud team.

Has your team made multiple decisions across many pages within a space but not sure what they all are? Well, we fixed that…with the Decision Report macro.

This is one of the top requested features!!! Solved. Finally. CONFCLOUD-62245 - Create a place to aggregate decisions IN PROGRESS

Building this feature for you was honestly not originally scheduled in my “day job”. (I am working on other exciting features, though!) However, I felt passionate about fixing this extremely popular request. So during a recent Atlassian ShipIt event, some colleagues and I carved out time to build this. We hope you like it.

To add the macro, just type “/decision report”. That’s it. It will automatically list all the decisions across many pages and blogs. You can filter by a space including the one you’re currently in or a completely different space. You can also filter by label or any other CQL (Confluence Query Language) field.

The end result is a group of decisions sorted by page. You will see all the decisions (customizable to how many you want to display) next to the page title, and conveniently a hyperlink to that page. See below for an example.

image-20201030-135451.png

We also updated the Meeting Notes Summary page to include the new Decision report macro so this will show up on all the new meetings summary pages. You will however, have to edit the existing summary pages to include the new Decision Report Macro.

Hopefully, you find this new macro helpful! We would love to hear your thoughts or questions below. Note, if you don't see it yet, you'll see it soon. It is currently rolling out. 

Best,

Niraj

45 comments

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 8, 2020

ShipIt days are great for getting features like this out-of-the-door. 

Like Andrew Kendris likes this
Andrew Kendris November 9, 2020

This is great! Thank you so much for the update and we look forward to seeing the feature in our environment, @NirajWe can finally remove the page properties reports we were building to make this happen ;) 

Like # people like this
Anna November 9, 2020

yeah ! Hope it won't take as long as the inline comment while editing to be rolled-out ! (2 months and still nothing)

Like # people like this
Berly Wedding November 10, 2020

@Niraj Thank you soooo much!  I've been hoping for this and am trying to implement it, but can't locate the macro for insertion into the page, to make it function... and just type “/decision report” isn't working on our summary page file. Might you know what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you in advance :)

Like # people like this
Niraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2020

Hi @Berly Wedding

This feature is still getting rolled out gradually. You should have it available in the next few days. 
Best,
Niraj

Like # people like this
elena_tsybulskaya November 10, 2020

Its great improvment! Sorting by date would be also great:)

Like # people like this
Christiaan Wepener November 10, 2020

Hi, i am unable to access this micro on Confluence cloud. Any advice?

Krzysztof Tomicz November 19, 2020

Hello @Niraj - fantastic feature! Is there any way to sort the columns in report or this is not implemented yet? I have a set of pages with gradually increased number (Title W45, Title W46, Title W47) and with each refresh of the macro I see it generates report in totally random order.

Like # people like this
Niraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2020

@Krzysztof Tomicz Currently, the macro doesn't support sorting of the result. We will add support for this in the future. Thanks for the feedback.

Like # people like this
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2020

Hi @Krzysztof Tomicz ,

As for now you may try the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app to sort the Decision Report macro. Wrap the report in the Table Filter macro body and you'll immediately get sortable columns.

Without the Table Filter macro:

Fri 1-1.pngWith the Table Filter macro:

Fri 1-2.pngBesides you'll be able to predefine the default sorting as well:

Fri 1-3.png

Like # people like this
Krzysztof Tomicz November 20, 2020

@Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft} ha! And we even evaluating your plugin in our company right now. Your suggestion works like a charm :-) 

wrbrand December 4, 2020

Thanks for this new feature! We really needed this.

Apart from the possibility to sort (preferably by date) I would like to have the ability to page through the decisions. We have a lot of them, so that would make things easier and more condense.

Like Niraj likes this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2020

Will this macro work if we export the space and import it into Server or is there a workaround we could use to get it to work?

Sundip - DO NOT USE - Jani December 11, 2020

Nice update, will be really useful!

I'd also like to be able to sort by various parameters, mainly "Date" though!

Thanks.

Henri Van Der Riet December 14, 2020

@Niraj Does it report on the Decision macros , inserted with <>, in normal pages well, or just the full Decision Blueprint Pages ?

Robert Klein December 23, 2020

Hey Niraj,

I like this feature... it‘s great !!!

but one essential thing is missing 

or I‘m even to ... to do right filter settings.

often not only one space is representing a project. So in our case we had subsides in a space. So it would be great to have a filter setting to get all decisions of one page an all sub pages 

Niraj
Atlassian Team
January 19, 2021

@wrbrand  We will definitely consider pagination as a future enhancement, thank you for the feedback.

@Kristin Lyons The decision element is a new feature that is only supported by the new Confluence cloud editor. Unfortunately, this macro will not work on the server.

@Sundip - DO NOT USE - Jani Custom sorting will be supported in a future enhancement.

@Henri Van Der Riet The macro can aggregate decisions for any page, not just the Decision Blueprint pages.

@Robert Klein You can specify a parent page in the filter to aggregate decisions from all its child pages.

image.png

Like # people like this
Samuel Troilius January 22, 2021

Hi @Niraj ,

This is a very useful Macro indeed!

I would love to understand how to make it work though. I can't make the decision report find any of my recent decisions. There are some old decisions in the current space that could be found if only "current space" is applied as filter.

All different filters using ancestry page or labels, or even decisions in the same page, is not found by the decision report.

Any insights for if this is a bug for now, or if there are certain other requirements that I may have to investigate?!

Thanks!

Skärmbild 2021-01-22 151110.png

Like # people like this
anne gibson March 15, 2021

Hi @Niraj

I'm having similar problems to @Samuel Troilius - I to have to go "tweak" the macro after every meeting I add so that it refreshes with all of the decisions. (And like @Krzysztof Tomicz the lack of sorting makes determining if everything is showing up a challenge.) 

Should we be opening support tickets or something for this problem?

V Chin July 26, 2021

Hi, 

I was trying to add a filter - "created" but the options are weird:

• Any date
  • Last 24 hours
  • Last week
  • Last month
  • Last year
  • Custom

I'm trying to filter by "current year."  Since the option isn't available, I tried to do a custom view, but I get the following error - 

Error rendering macro 'decisionreport' : Could not parse cql : space = "PT" and label = "meeting-notes" and created >= "7/30/2021" and created <= "1/1/2021" and hasDecision="true" order by title

No idea what that means.

Like Niraj likes this
Max Allen August 1, 2021

@Niraj This is a vital feature for us, thanks! Really helps communicating meeting outcomes at a higher level.

Adding a "sort by date" is just about as vital though! Without it, the overview the report provides becomes a bit random and misleading. A simple sort by date would make it very powerful indeed!

Do you have a timeframe for adding the sort function?

Thanks again!

Like Niraj likes this
Niraj
Atlassian Team
August 2, 2021

@Victoria Chin The supported format for the date field in CQL is one of the following 
"yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm", "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm", "yyyy/MM/dd" or "yyyy-MM-dd" https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/cql-fields/#created

Hope this helps!

Like V Chin likes this
Niraj
Atlassian Team
August 2, 2021

@Max Allen Thank you for your feedback.
We can support sorting by page creation date, last edited date, creator or title if that helps.
Unfortunately, we don't store the date when the decision element was added to the page. So, currently, we cannot sort by that.

V Chin August 4, 2021

@Niraj - Thanks.  One other Q.  So I used the format and put in the dates 2021/01/01 to 2021/12/31 (this worked), but the decisions aren't in chronological order.  Is this normal?  For example, I'll have an April decisions, then a July decision, and then back to an April decision.  

Niraj
Atlassian Team
August 4, 2021

@Victoria Chin Currently decisions are always sorted by page title

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events