Databases are coming soon to Confluence!

128 comments

Tobias H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2023

Great addition, looking forward to see how this can be applied :D

Bergy June 14, 2023

Love this! Excited to try it out, I've dreamt about having this functionality to structure data for a while now.

Like Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ likes this
Mark Haller June 14, 2023

Hi @Divya Sriram do you know what timings are looking like on this?   I am wanting to implement databases right not to cross-correlate services offered vs clients vs partners for our burgeoning agency.  I'm on the waitlist and don't really want to pull the trigger on another solution that I then have to totally rebuild! :-)

David Loszewski June 14, 2023

Can you populate it with issue info from Jira using JQL? 

Like Louie Garofalo likes this
Eduardo Fuentes June 14, 2023

thank you

When will this new tool be available?

@Divya Sriram 

Michael Payne June 14, 2023

Looks like an interesting and potentially valuable addition. Is there a timeline for when it will be released to Confluence itself (i.e. not in beta)?

Nate Moss June 14, 2023

Would we be able to sync data from Zendesk Support to a database in Confluence? This would be a game changer for our team if so.

Divya Sriram
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2023

Hey folks, thanks for the comments! We are working on rolling out our first cohort of Early Access Program (EAP) for our Alpha version soon. Feedback from this iteration will help us build this for all of Confluence in the future.

Great to hear how databases can add value and some great ideas on making it more powerful with 3P integrations. These are all things we're considering! 

Like # people like this
danmachen June 14, 2023

Great @Divya Sriram - I’ve signed up for EAP! 

Jesper Halden June 14, 2023

Sounds great, but should be available for DataCenter as we will never be using Cloud!

Like # people like this
Eric Vervoordeldonk June 14, 2023

Looks promising. Is there an possibility that you can use the database to fill in an custom field? So for example have a list of all locations and addresses and that the name of the location can be selected in a drop-down field?

Like Steffen Helfenberger likes this
andreas.kyriacou June 15, 2023

@Divya Sriram Can you give a rough estimate when Databases for Confluence will be accessible to a somewhat wider audience, e. g. as a public beta? If I understand your remark above correctly, those who registered for the waiting list but haven't heard back from Atlassian didn't make it into the EAP.

We're currently experimenting with using Jira and specially tailored issue types to create a business rules repository. But maybe using Databases for Confluence would be the more sound approach. But to know for sure, we'd need to obtain some insight into its feature set...

frederic June 15, 2023

Great!! Really looking forward to it. This is a great and much needed addition to Confluence!

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Nanda June 15, 2023

Sounds Interesting! Can external applications access Confluence Databases? Can we pull data from other sources (Say Amazon Connect for example) to populate the DB, so that the information is up to date and live i.e. when a configuration changes in the source the 'Confluence Document DB' is automatically updated and if the other way (bidirectional data binding) is possible too? Curious!

Vera Aristova June 15, 2023

Hi! That's great news. 

@Divya Sriram I have the following question: after roll-out, will this feature be available for Standard subscription users or only for Premium and Enterprise? 

Like # people like this
Erki Tammik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2023

+1 for @Vera Aristova question.

Max Haley June 23, 2023

What is the pricing model going to look like?

Sandy June 25, 2023

Excited to use databases! Yes!

Laurie Hickey July 14, 2023

I was not familiar with Orderly but after watching the videos linked above, I'm really excited about this new feature.  I use the Page Properties macros quite a bit but it's a pain to add new fields when we have a large number of pages.  I am hoping the databases feature will make managing all of that information so much easier!

Like # people like this
andreas.kyriacou July 16, 2023

@Divya Sriram Can I ask again? Do you have anything you can share re the timeline for Confluence databases?

Divya Sriram
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2023

Hey everyone - thanks for your patience! We've just rolled out our early access program to a group of customers from the eap waitlist. We are actively working on rolling out the early access program for databases to more customers in the future.

We're focused on building the best functionality and user experience for databases, so we'll have details on all other things as we go!

Love the enthusiasm and eagerness to try out databases :) 

Thanks,

Like # people like this
Sandy July 18, 2023

I would be happy to be part of beta users for the databases... Exciting!

Wes Farnsworth July 24, 2023

Any updates on when in Q3 we can expect to see this feature released?

Like # people like this
Ken Snyder August 9, 2023

This has been teased for far too long.  I've given up and am now building apps in Coda instead.  When is this happening?

Like Wes Farnsworth likes this
Wes Farnsworth August 14, 2023

@Divya Sriram do you have a time frame for when in Q3 this is going to be released?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events