Customer Love Month: Confluence & Jira, a Perfect Pair šŸ¤

Hello Confluence Community!

šŸ’ Letā€™s not bury the ledeā€”read on for an opportunity to win a Love Month gift!

This month is a great time to think about all of the perfect pairs we see in the worldā€”macaroni and cheese, tea and cookies, copy + paste, pen and paper, and much more.

Here on the Confluence team, we certainly have a favorite perfect pair of our own: Confluenceā€™s better half is Jira Software šŸ’™. 

This dynamic duo helps people manage agile projects to boost productivity, empowering teams to deliver more. When used together, Jira and Confluence help you bring project planning and project execution closer together.

We have some new favorite integrations focused on Confluence embedded page experiences: Smart Link embeds and Confluence embedded pages in Jira Software.

Smart Link embeds

šŸ†• Confluence Smart link embeds is a new feature designed to keep your pages at the center of all your work. Need to add more context? Simply add a Confluence Smart Link to your Jira issue and select to ā€˜Display embedā€™. This allows you to easily add context to your issues, so you donā€™t have to switch products so frequently or re-write content from Confluence into Jira.

df70c098-1f44-4e0a-88bd-ecb012feb880.gif

Confluence embedded pages in Jira Software

šŸ†• Jira Software and Confluence have an even tighter embedded page experience when managing Project Pages inside Jira Software. Now, youā€™re be able to view, edit, and create Confluence content from within Jira, without having to leave the product. Creating content is as easy as one clickā€”kickstart your work with a Confluence template, meaning you spend less time planning to work and more time getting the job done.

4072cc46-6eae-4893-b1c3-2b2c6acaf256.gif

šŸ’ As promised, participate to win a Love Month gift:
Drop a comment below, highlighting your favorite way(s) to use Jira Software and Confluence together. Weā€™ll send you a limited edition pair of ā€˜Jira šŸ’™'s Confluenceā€™ socks as special gift!

64725f75-c3a1-42fd-8e76-caba9894cdc9.png

42 comments

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2022

Hi @Brian Wong 

Thanks for sharing the new features and excited to use them.

With that being said, I'm really enjoying the new templates and premium analytics feature for my own support system!!

Along with that, I'm tracking them in the Jira Issue linking to the tasks on where the work item stands, and getting to know the status of the document preparation for the knowledge base.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Like ā€¢ # people like this
Penny Crane February 22, 2022

All my work is done between these two! It's so nice to be able to search a Confluence article from a Jira comment and vice versa. Makes for less tab switching, and content writing is more efficient! <3 

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2022

I would like to add another app, Table Filter and Charts.

This is a combination that is so great to create reports and easily visualize Jira data in Confluence. 

You get really much options what you can do with the data and it is still good to understand and to handle the "configuration " of the report. 

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2022

@Brian Wong  I integrate the issues into my Confluence pages. I am very dependent on the project pages link from JIRA into Confluence now. I really enjoy the ability to go back and forth more easily now. I live with both products daily now!  

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2022

Great post @Brian Wong!

Here are a couple of ways we are currently using this power house combo together!

I currently use JSM to manage a queue of change requests to our R&D Jira workflows and processes (yes it's very inception-ish).   We document all of our processes and workflows in Confluence as living documents.  We use inline comments and JSM issues to identify the change that people would like to see in the process.

We have a query based on this JSM queue that is loaded into a Confluence Meeting notes page where these change requests are reviewed by our change committee weekly where we decide what action will be taken on these requests.

All of the inline comments are resolved with responses that we will not be making the change and a reason why, or the document is updated and the comment resolved with a "completed" note for those that were accepted.

Smart Link Embeds has become my new best friend!  For new workflows or issue types We now embed the entire Confluence page in the JSM request so that I have ease of access to the documentation of what I'm being requested to build without needing to leave Jira.

I love using these two together, it's a very fluid relationship!

Lars Maehlmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2022

WOW, šŸ•ŗšŸ•ŗšŸ•ŗ - I am excited, this is great. I have looked for this for a long time when I have started to use Confluence in requirement workshops with the customer and I always dreamed about the functionality to add some Confluence information directly into a jira issue (I even added a confluence page through iframe into a Jira issue , my "first app" ... ).

This is a great functionality , thank you thank you šŸ’šŸ’•.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2022

@Brian Wong since the Smart Links have been introduced we have powered up our Jira projects with proper embedding of page content right into the Jira, keeping users where they need to be to get the work done, with the proper context and information to complete their tasks.

Game changer. We now know what it feels like when Cookie Monster gets his cookie.

Brian Wong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2022

Love seeing all the Confluence & Jira appreciation! šŸ’™ Keep it coming!

lilo-and-stitch-lets-do-it.gif

Lulu Wang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2022

Love the smart linking between confluence and jira and also the jira issue macro you can use in confluence to display all the tickets! :) 

Brian Leysath
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2022

Love using Confluence for sprint retrospectives and including Jira filter results right in the page.  

Brittany Sudlow
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2022

Embedded Confluence page within Jira have beenšŸ”„  for my workflow. It's so easy!

Paweł Mikołajczuk
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2022

Embedded confluence pages really rock! Thanks to that my team doesn't need to look for related pages in our confluence instances, it's embedded in Jira issues - exactly when we need it! 

Rachel Tang
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2022

Embedded Confluence pages in Jira has been a GAME CHANGER for productivity šŸ™ŒšŸ»

Jacqueline Zhang
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2022

Love the smart links when adding Jira issues to a Confluence page! It helps me and my team easily track specific tasks related to some Confluence page that we've written up 

Dhanraj Jadhav
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2022

Smartlinks embed is a game changer to have pages introduced in Jira tickets , Team Central and Trello Board. They help with quick read for issues + tickets ! 

Alice Ma
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2022

Love Confluence Smart Link! It's so nice to be able to view a Confluence page while also being able to view all the context in a Jira ticket šŸ’™ 

Lisa Panda
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2022

Embeddable Pages is a game changer to create pages every where ! I also extensively use the Jira Issues Macro within confluence  , to get a quick view of issues that i am interested in . Looking forward to many such cross flow convenience to capture and manage projects 

Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2022

Love being able to track my project status by leveraging the Jira Issue Macro within a Confluence page, and embedded Confluence pages within Jira! :heart:

Jacob Brunson
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2022

I have to +1 embedded Confluence in Jira; supercharged smart links are awesome. Can we do embedded Jira issue view in Confluence next? :) 

Traci Wilbanks
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2022

We are definitely making it easier to surface the right amount of information where you need it.

A Jira issue shown as a smart link in a Confluence page saves me from going to Jira to find what can easily be shown in context in Confluence while I do most of my work there. And the reverse is super handy for people who spend most of their time in Jira. Don't make them leave the place where they work to see the user story created in Confluence ā€” embed it!

Eric Le
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2022

+1 for Jira Issue Macro in Confluence and Embedded Confluence in Jira. Also +1 for embedded Jira issue view in Confluence and give user ability to edit Jira issue in Confluence

Amanda.Hartley February 22, 2022

Wow, I may need to play with those embed features. When I pick up a Jira ticket, the smart links make it easy to find additional request details that the project team has captured in Confluence, but not having to navigate to another page would be awesome!

Phoenix
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2022

I like how I can link a JIRA ticket from a confluence page and have it automatically pull in the issue with all its details, and vice-versa with a confluence page title showing up when it's linked from JIRA

Hannah Tam
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2022

Smart link embeds make life SO easy! I love being able to have the Jira context I need when viewing a Confluence page and vice versa!

Ashleigh Christopher
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2022

I love using Confluence to keep track of details from my Jira tickets (like research for spikes), and the smart links help keep that information quickly available!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events