Creating a Killer Confluence Space for Your Team

Customer-love-campaign-personal-creation.png

While drinking my early Sunday coffee and watching an amazing recipe for apple brioche, I felt the urge to immediately start the KitchenAid write something about teamwork. How on earth this brain connection happens, I have no clue.

I had a great conversation recently that gravitated around the building and the usage of collaborative spaces. The people I've spoken to search for a nice, clean, team-centric tool to help them drive their initiatives and customer-facing activities forward.

We briefly chatted about a couple of tools and (guess what?) landed into the world of Atlassian. Apparently, some people are still stuck with the knowledge of Atlassian equals Jira equals Bug Tracking tool, and while we were breaking this myth, another idea kindled my mind.

Let’s call this an introduction to a series of articles dedicated to my most favorite tool in the world - Confluence. In today's fast-paced and interconnected work environment, effective collaboration and knowledge sharing are key to achieving team success. The series aims to explore why Confluence is the ultimate collaboration solution for your team and how you can create a killer Confluence space to optimize your team's productivity and efficiency.

What topics come our way:

📚 Confluence as Centralized Knowledge Hub: bring together the collective intelligence of your team by creating and storing a wide range of content including documents, meeting notes, project plans, and more, all in one place.

🖇️ Seamless Collaboration: enabling team members to contribute, edit, and discuss content in real-time with features like inline commenting, notifications, and @mentions, keeping everyone in the loop.

🌌 Customizable Spaces: create dedicated spaces for departments, teams, projects, or any other organizational structure you prefer.

🌱 Extensive Content Management Capabilities: transform Confluence into a dynamic knowledge repository by embedding files, images, videos, and interactive content along with all built-in formatting macros like charts, tables, and graphic enhancements.

And probably much more.

Having the flexibility and the power to change the level of complexity in your Confluence instance, you and your team can unite around this one-source-of-truth environment dedicated to the team’s success.

💙

9 comments

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2023

Love the intro, cannot wait until the rest of the series drops!

Like # people like this
Deleted user July 18, 2023

Sounds promising! Especially looking forward to point 4 🌱

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2023

Awesome @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_!  I can't wait to see what you do next.  Also, did you end up making that apple brioche?  How did it turn out?

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2023

@Jimmy Seddon unfortunately not. I decided we are too fat already this week, so no more calories until next 🥲

Like # people like this
Fede Baronti -Deiser-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2023

Cool idea @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ ! After a few rocky years, now we're on our way to becoming good friends with Confluence. Can't wait to see what you write next! 

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2023

Thanks, @Fede Baronti -Deiser-! It's the 'necessary evil', isn't it? I would love to hear more about your way of adoption :)

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Sing Chen August 14, 2023

I love this @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ 

Looking forward to following this. From looking at some experiences within our company, having such a flexible solution is great but it has to be complemented by a solid content management strategy. I see so many teams "going off piste", with labels, inefficient design (Include Page is now firmly in my list of Top 5 macros!), poor "recognition" and sign-posting (I jump to a page and need to "figure out" what the page is for), etc.

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2023

I'm happy you found this helpful @Sing Chen

The more flexible tool you have, the more ways to mess things up, I guess :) Last year I went berserk in making loads of pages about a product marketing activity with the idea of "I use this template every time, and it works." And it turned out to be utterly unreliable for our team, which resulted in me deleting everything and setting it up again correctly. 

Like Sing Chen likes this
StephanieC August 22, 2023

Im excited to see some great content to share with my team!! 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events