Confluence tables get drag-and-drop!

39 comments

Timothy Cook
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 20, 2024

Love it! I'm an avid user and create multiple confluence tables everyday. 

Some feedback: while I'm thrilled to see tables getting some love (they're so important!), the new UI for selecting rows and adding rows in between is much less smooth than before. The buttons are too small and very finicky. Stoked about the updates, but some UI polish here would go a long way for us power users that makes tables everyday.

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Michael Goulet March 20, 2024

I agree this is a great addition and have used it quite a bit already, so kudos!

But like Maurice, I also was very frustrated that it came with the forced center alignment bug. There are already plenty of complaints on it at Allow more alignment options for tables in the editor and https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Left-align-table-on-page/qaq-p/2553985#U2625218.

Arūnas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 20, 2024

Great features! When it will on server version?

Bas March 20, 2024

I supposed you also added a feature in the Cloud based version of Confluence to disable emoji completely when trying to do some serious work in Confluence?
I can't add a clients SQL without having it wrecked with a dozen emoji.

This ticket has been open since 2019 :
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-disable-emoji-in-Jira-description-and-comments/qaq-p/1242425

Ironically, I can't add an emoji here because emoji were somehow be disabled completely for the community pages. *bummer* =/

ian_main
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 20, 2024

I've been waiting for this - demo looks superb! Well done team.

Mia Cao
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 20, 2024

All great improvements, thank you!

Can I add feedback - can you please bring back this delete button please? This was super handy, missing it so much! :( 

Screenshot at Mar 21 09-08-20.png

Like # people like this
Vitalina Hlukhenka March 21, 2024

Thank you! Amazing update! I can't wait to get the sorting feature. It's vital. My friends and colleagues ask for this feature a lot!

Courtney Caudle
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 21, 2024

Awesome! Thank you for this. Took me way too long to figure out where the Sort on the column had moved to - this was exactly the write-up I needed!  

Courtney Caudle
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 21, 2024

@Mia Cao The delete functionality is still there. You just need to highlight the rows (shift select on Windows) and then click the option button on one of the rows and select 'Delete Rows':

DeleteRows.PNG

Sriharsha March 21, 2024

Awesome! Thank you and your team!

Mia Cao
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 21, 2024

@Courtney Caudle Thanks for your reply. I mean when selecting a lot of rows at once, what I do is:

• Click on the 1st row that I want to delete
  • Scroll all the way down to the last row that I want to delete
  • Scroll up to the middle to find the option button - However, there are a lot of rows so I don't know where the middle is, and the button colour is not highlighted enough to help me spot it easily, compared to when it was red and stayed out of the table

But I just spot on your screenshot that I can use the shortcut Ctrl + Delete! That will be way easier. Thanks!

Like Courtney Caudle likes this
Farshad Batiri
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 25, 2024

Great to have drag and drop support. However, I agree with @Mia Cao on having the "x" button to delete rows. It was very helpful to remove rows with one mouse click. @Courtney Caudle , you are right but now you either need to go through the menu to delete rows or use Ctrl + Delete which needs you to let go of the mouse to use the delete button and go back to using mouse again. I understand that this seems a very minor inconvenience but considering how much busy work it is to create and update documents and especially large tables, every click counts. Cheers.

Like Mia Cao likes this
Sylvain Ménard March 25, 2024

Now we are getting somewhere. Thank you! 🙂

Our users are still waiting for table alignment in a page, as we had in Confluence Server. 😐

Phaemie Ng
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2024

Thank you all for your feedback and comments on table drag and drop! We are blown away by the response!

I'd like to take the opportunity to address some of the issues raised so far.

Sorting

Click on the column drag handle. That opens a menu, from which you can sort your columns increasing or decreasing.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 1.55.05 pm.png

Deleting columns or rows

You can now do this through the menu. Or if you prefer, select a row or column then delete using the shortcut (Control+Delete). 

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 2.16.55 pm.png

I understand it's a change from the delete button that was there before, so we'll continue to assess how this is going.

Table alignments

Working on it!

As always, your feedback is welcome. Thanks again, and we will continue to work on improving the experience for you.

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events