Confluence integration with Google Meet is live!

Update as of Oct 12, 2023:

We've now added the ability for you to create a Confluence page directly from Google Meet! This provides a seamless flow to kickstart your team collaboration - from capturing actionable meeting notes to inspiring project plans, directly from Google Meet! with-templates (1).gif

----

Hello Community :wave:

My name is Lennon Liao, and I’m a product manager at Atlassian focused on building integrated Confluence Cloud experiences within your favorite apps. Earlier in May, Google announced during their Google I/O event the ability for developers to leverage Google APIs and SDKs to create apps and integrate workflows directly into Google Workspace. At Atlassian, we understand the importance of having your tools work together, so I’m excited today to announce the launch of the Google Meet integration with Confluence.

View and edit Confluence pages—without leaving Google Meet

image-20230824-170505.png

One of the biggest pains we here from our customers is how they often have to switch tools to get work done. With the Confluence integration from Google Meet, you can create and collaborate on Confluence pages directly from a Google Meet meeting. During a meeting, click on the Activities button in the bottom right corner, search for the Confluence Add-on and install it. From there, you can open a Confluence page by copying and pasting an existing page URL into the provided text box, and then click Start activity. This will send a notification to the other meeting participants to collaborate with you on the Confluence page.

(We will soon be adding the ability to create a new Confluence page directly from Google Meet.)

Get real-time feedback and alignment

image-20230824-170520.png

We’ve all been in this situation—you start a meeting, but then you realize notes need to be taken or decisions documented. Now, with the Confluence integration with Google Meet, you bring the power of Confluence into every meeting:

• Take notes and assign action items

• Collaborate on project plans in real time

• Present information to stakeholders for faster alignment

—and many more.

Install the Confluence app for your users

Google Meet users can individually install the Confluence add-on for themselves to use. However, if you are a Google Workspace admin, you can install the Confluence app on behalf of users in your organization's domain and choose who can use the app—allowing your users to get up and running quickly.

(Rollout of this integration is still in progress—if you currently don't see the Confluence app available for Google Meet, it should be available to you in the coming weeks.)

Centralize important information all in one place: Confluence

Confluence is a company-wide knowledge hub that empowers all teams to drive smarter, faster decisions. By connecting Confluence to Google Meet, you can brainstorm together, collaborate on projects, and document decisions. Confluence’s organized spaces, navigation, and search make it easy to find and reference all the important information captured in meetings, so you don’t have to waste time searching for it.

Try the Confluence for Google Meet integration today. 

13 comments

Andy September 20, 2023

Hi @Lennon Liao 

A question on this feature. Is the connection forced to a single Atlassian environment? Our company is in an international corporate structure, where the whole company has one Confluence, and then we as an own company have our own separate Confluence. We would be interested to have this functionality, but tied only to our own Confluence, not the whole international corporate Confluence.

On Google Workspace side, we do use the one and and the same Workspace.

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 21, 2023

For a team moving to Google Meet this month, this slaps!

Had to make a shareable video to celebrate:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/kctb7ZGUcBI

Like # people like this
Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2023

Hi @Andy You can connect it to the Atlassian environment of your choosing. 🙂

Like # people like this
Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2023

Wow that's a phenomenal video, thanks @Matt Reiner _K15t_!!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2023

@Matt Reiner _K15t_ sorry to hear that you are moving to Google Meet (unless of course this is an upgrade from Microsoft Teams), but happy that you'll have the comfort of Confluence to make the transition easier.

Like Matt Reiner _K15t_ likes this
Dennis Mattei September 22, 2023

What is better than Google Meet which is better than Teams? Zoom?

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 25, 2023

Happy to do it @Andy Gladstone, I really like the Google Meet web app a lot. I also really like the work Google has done to make video calls stable. In my experience, it's the best video call platform for teammates with slow internet connections.

Dennis Rietmann October 27, 2023

doesn't seem to work properly for me, I can view the confluence page but unable to edit (it treats me as not logged in user, even though I'm logged in in that browser). 

Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
October 27, 2023

Hi @Dennis Rietmann Just sent you a note to see if you are available to chat and we can troubleshoot this issue. Thanks!

Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
December 4, 2023

Hi community, wanted to reach out to you all to learn about your experience using the Confluence integration with Google Meet. If you have used this integration and are willing to participate, please reach out to me at lliao@atlassian.com. We will compensate you for your time. Thanks!

Ale January 16, 2024

Hi all! Noted that even though I select a different Space when I create the page, the page gets created within my personal Confluence Space everytime. Is this a bug? 

Also, Is there a way to select where within the Space it'll sit? E.g. as a subpage of...

TY!

Andreas Geesen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 25, 2024

Hi all, hi @Lennon Liao ,

we see issues with the confluence integration in google meet we could not work out so far.

We’ve been testing on the confluence pages that have been listed as soon as the integration was started and connected. But now we see no way of accessing pages we really like to share. There’s no way to search so we thought it must list the pages we worked on latest on top.

So we worked on a page, created a new meeting, opened the confluence integration and it correctly lists the elapsed time since last change on the first entry. However the first entry is not the page we worked on. It’s the same first entry as before just with new editors and last change time/date.

Here’s an example: The page „Telefonlisten“ is my top listed one and last time this really got changed was on January 19th. But the integration lists it on top with „3 minutes ago“ which matches the other page i modified last.

PastedGraphic-1.png

PastedGraphic-2.png

Looking forward to reading your thoughts.

Thanks Andreas

Alberto Azambuja March 8, 2024

@Lennon Liao this is a step in the right direction but not really useful for our main use case and potentially many others.

The issue is:

- For the vast majority of meetings the actual meeting agenda is prepared ahead of time

- At the moment, the extension only allows the ability to create a new page or select from a list of recent pages

This is really not very helpful for heavy confluence users as I might have prepared meeting notes for a meeting that is happening today a few days ago and the page I need will never show on the recents

What we basically need is the ability to select/search for a specific page when we "Start the activity"

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events