Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

f237e50f-51b0-4555-8093-d402e5876464.png

Hi, Confluence collaborators!

As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind it. 👩🏼‍🔬

Many of you have asked:

Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Today, @Natalia Baryshnikova, a Group Manager from our Confluence Product team and I come together in our Confluence Collaboratory to discover just how much Atlassian uses Confluence.

Watch the video for some fun facts around our history with Confluence at Atlassian, how our use of Confluence has evolved over the past year, and more. 🌟

Spoiler: it’s transformed the way we work, and you’ll get to see just how much we’re obsessed with teamwork.

You can also visit the direct YouTube link if you prefer. We hope you enjoy some of these fun facts as much as we loved making this!

⚡ Supercharge your use of Confluence

It wouldn't be enough for us to just share about what Confluence has done for us. As a result, we’ve created a ton of resources to help you bring your team’s use of Confluence to the next level.

Start by:

…And watch the magic happen. ✨

Don’t forget that our special Collaboratory Month badge is still up for grabs, which you can earn by participating in all of our Collaboratory activities.

Did any parts of our video surprise you? Did it feel like your organization also created a lot more pages this past year?

Leave a comment letting us know, we'd love to hear! 👇

14 comments

Patrick Haley September 15, 2021

I'm really more interested to see how company's like Atlassian actually organize their spaces with tree hierarchies. 

Like # people like this
Andres de Vivanco September 16, 2021

it depends on the macros… the key is which and how do they use them.. or do they have homemade?? 

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2021

I dream about digging into 6500+ employee Confluence Space 😍

Like # people like this
Patrick Haley September 17, 2021

@Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ exactly I just want to see how they keep things organized!

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2021

@Patrick Haley  the confluence training series for Collaboratory were example from Atlassian and other companies using confluence.  I found them extremely helpful.

Introducing Collaboratory: A Confluence Webinar Se... - Atlassian Community

Like # people like this
dawn Sigley October 9, 2021

Thanks 

Like Sharon Tan likes this
mahnazemami October 12, 2021

Wow, what an attractive competitive environment you have created, thank you

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2021

Glad to see this , thanks @Sharon Tan  for sharing such insights.

Deleted user October 26, 2021

At 02:00 you are saying you made "Confluence pages load faster". Faster compared to what? And to when?

In my experience, Confluence, like all other Atlassian products, gets slower every month. I wonder whether the productivity at Atlassian declines with the same velocity as at all those companies who are using Confluence as a customer.

Like # people like this
Sharon Tan
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 26, 2021

Hi @[deleted] thanks for the input. We've outlined improvements and intentions at the beginning of this year at New year, better performance, along with updates on specific reliability and performance items since shipped as well as upcoming on our Cloud roadmap you can keep tabs on.

Our support team is always happy to dive deeper into specific pages and new observations since performance is a continual focus for us! Feel free to reach out via support or keep in touch on Twitter. 🙂

Like Deleted user likes this
Rossen Karaivanov October 27, 2021

The real question is: does Atlassian use Conflluence the same way its customers use it?

Judging from the comments of the Confluence community (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Cloud-articles/Change-to-your-content-is-in-your-hands/ba-p/1324476), the answer seems to be negative.

Like Deleted user likes this
Sharon Tan
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 27, 2021

Hi @Rossen Karaivanov, we indeed use Confluence on Atlassian Cloud with the same features available to our customers. Would you like to expand on what you're referring to or what concerns specifically you'd like us to pass on to our teams?

Rossen Karaivanov October 28, 2021

The big problem is that the current version of Confluence provides only half of the features it had five years ago. Those missing features might not be important for Atlassian when using Confluence for internal needs. They are essential for some Atlassian customers who knew and used them for many years.

It's OK to be happy with a limited set of features when using your product internally. It's not OK to assume all of your customers should be happy with this limited set of features. Especially when those customers know well how the previous version of Confluence was superior.

This is coming from someone who writes proffesionally, and uses Confluence since 2007. If you need details on what features are missing or were removed, just read the comments referenced above (currently 196). They contain several links to JIRA tickets that remain 'gathering interest' for years.

Like # people like this
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2021

I agree with Patrick, working with a small organization at the moment, so I am always curious to see how bigger companies organize their Confluence.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events