Why Confluence is the right fit for Bonobos

Atlassian-horizontal-neutral@2x-rgb 2.png

Bonobos is an e-commerce platform that designs and sells men's clothing, promising customers a better fit and easier buying experience than ever. Over the past 8 years, Bonobos has logged enviable growth: raising over $125 million, becoming profitable and nurturing a customer base of over 250,000 customers recurring buyers. It goes without saying that Bonobos' growth since 2007 has been impressive for men's retail, but if the company was to grow up (and out of startup mode), it sorely needed to put in place more efficient processes with leaner ways of communicating and documenting. In this Community Showcase, you will discover how Confluence helped Bonobos to do just that. 

Phase 1: Set up

Bonobos starting using Confluence to:

• Upload/centralize all internal docs to help with faster and more comprehensive onboarding for new hires
  • Allow for better continuity during personnel changes 
  • Provide more transparency to the work and decision making done across the org, snipping the red tape that often plagues and slows larger companies.

Phase 2: 

Once Confluence was broadly adopted, the team started to refer to it familiarly as BIN (Bonobos information network) which made the following impacts:

• Eliminates the need for exchanging internal email or using Excel spreadsheets
  • Provides the ever-popular employee self-service desk, allowing employees to quickly search and find the answers to questions ranging from, "Where can I find a copy of my contract?" to "I need a new keyboard. Please help!"
  • Provides storage for all types of internal forms for instant access, including employee directories, restaurant recommendations, internal policies, and more. 

• Replaces the need to have store managers who fly around the country to train people as people can easily communicate with remote employees

Note: Bonobos is also a type of mammal referred to as a "pygmy chimpanzee," which was not covered in this post.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events