At the end of 2020, Confluence DC users in China held a webinar and shared their experience. Here is the topics I shared.
I started using Atlassian products such as Jira and Confluence in 2012. I used to promote the system as a system administrator in 3 companies, including companies with 500 people, 2,000 people, and 40,000 people. The company currently employed has 8 years of experience in Confluence. In 2019, we upgraded from Confluence Server 5.10 to Confluence DC 6.15.
- Confluence is currently used as a knowledge management and corporate office collaboration tool. We do not use Jira or other Atlassian products;
- We did not purchase any plugins;
- Do some integration with the company's internal system (web search, information security, HR system, etc.).
- Among the users of the whole system, the R&D team accounts for less than 20%, and more of them are business, operation, and functional teams;
- Approximately 30,000 people use Confluence every month, and the total number of page views within one year of the launch of the DC version reached 20 million;
- There are about 300,000 page updates every month, and about 80,000 pages and attachments are added.
- The system administrator has created an independent space in Confluence to collect user feedback and answer user questions;
- In the annual satisfaction survey, the NPS of the system was 55%. For every 10 users who participated in the survey, 7 people scored 9 points or 10 points;
- The built-in MarkDown function in Confluence is the most unsatisfactory function reported by users.
- In addition to the official operation guide, we provide users with common problems and solutions in both Chinese and English, and record operation videos;
- Find the company's highest demand for Confluence at the system level (we expect stability, high availability, without too many plugins and extensions, and future upgrades will be more convenient);
- The attachment size is limited to 50MB, and the user explains that Confluence is not a storage tool;
- Archive the abandoned space regularly, refer to Clean up your Confluence instance
- Occasionally a single node restarts in turn, once every 1 to 2 months, the page opening speed will be significantly improved;
- The system administrator cannot support all more than 30,000 users. Do a good job in the authorization and training of the space administrator, and the space administrator should maintain their own territory.