Check out new inline comments on Confluence Cloud

Hi! I’m Daniel, a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. I’m excited to announce that our new inline comments experience is rolling out to all Confluence Cloud customers over the next few weeks.

Inline comments help teams raise important questions, evolve thinking, and keep everyone learning as they work together. You can create inline comments by highlighting text on any page in Confluence Cloud and selecting “comment” from the menu.

Create.gif

view.gif

What’s New?

• Fresh design: An updated look and feel that’s cleaner and easier to use.

• Quick commands: Type “/“ to open a menu, add tables, mentions, images and more. Type “:” to add emoji!

• Native macros: Take advantage of new native elements including statusdate, and code block.

We hope these improvements open up more communication with your teams and keep them more closely aligned. We look forward to hearing your feedback.

Best,

Daniel

9 comments

Deleted user March 4, 2020

WOW (?) I ask you why i didn't understand well, so now finally if a user adds an online comment on a Confluence page i can read the comments on the right side of the page even while i'm in edit mode ? It would be really wonderful if finally Confluence (server and cloud) had the function to read comments even when you are in edit mode, because many users ask for it.

Like # people like this
RaeRo March 4, 2020

I'm very surprised quick commands and macros were added before having the ability to see and edit/resolve comments in edit mode. I don't really need expanded capabilities around comments until that feature is implemented. 

Like # people like this
Deleted user March 4, 2020

let's talk about the facts Daniel. i'm telling you that if you insert an inline comment in a Confluence page, in example Confluence cloud and then you press the "pencil button", and go to edit mode, the comments disappear, you can't see the parts of the text on the page where some inline comments have been hooked.

To see them you have to exit the edit mode of the Confluence page. The online comments are very useful.

I'm suggesting you, hoping to finally meet the right person to say this thing to, to include in the next features of Confluence (server and cloud) also the possibility to read the inline comments of a Confluence page, also when you're editing the Confluence page.

Like # people like this
matt.lightbourn March 4, 2020

This feature was a part of Adobe Acrobat comment overlay on top of InDesign documents filterable by comment author and each of them could be resolved as you go through and complete any actions. I didn't think the Confluence team would need so much explanation about how things should work but apparently, even given the fact the functionality existed in the past, they only manage to implement 40% of it in their own platform. Pathetic

Like Deleted user likes this
Stephen Lawrence March 5, 2020

We use Cloud JIRA and this doesn't work, despite auto complete being active.

Brandyn March 5, 2020

Will this feature be added to mobile view as well to have a consistent experience across devices?

Like Sofia Pandelea likes this
Robert March 18, 2020

Sad.. a fancy update again over usability. Please first add the ability to list all comments, even in edit mode so we can use them for work, not only for play. The issue raised about this is years old, still not solved. Confluence is loosing it's usability... macros, templates, new editor are broken guys!

Like # people like this
matt.lightbourn March 18, 2020

Maybe Atlassian think that people only comment about what is written about something else (like suggesting to a painter that the shade of red they used was too dark) rather than commenting about something you have to fix in the document where the comment exists - it's baffling!

Like Deleted user likes this
Vũ Thị Thương December 8, 2022

Hi, 

In my Confluence, I cannot see that button to add my comment on some content in one thread/ space.

As you can see the attachement below, the button "Talk" has been shown in my Confluence. 

Confluence.png

Link of the Confluence version that I'm using: https://confluence.apecgroup.net/spacedirectory/view.action 

Could you pls guide me how to find/ show the button "Talk" in Confluence's interface?

Add a comment - is it the free feature or paid one in Confluence?

Many thanks in advance.

Vu

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events