Browse Confluence Templates with a Gallery on Your Site

Hi Atlassian Community,

My name is Avni Barman and I am a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team! We are excited to announce that we are bringing a template gallery directly to your Confluence site to help you get inspired when creating content. You’ll be able to easily explore best practices, browse, and preview different template options before committing to using them.

Edit: Head over to the main navigation and explore our template gallery today. In a few weeks, we will also be bringing you Recommendations and Starring in the gallery, which will help you start creating more quickly. Sort by recommendations to see your most relevant templates first or bring your favorite templates to the forefront by starring templates you use and like the most.

image-20210513-225625 (1).png

Get Inspired and Create High-Quality Content for Your Team

On your site’s template gallery, you can…

• Browse and preview all templates

• Explore cards easily using your arrow keys

• Filter by space or category

• Search for the right template using keywords

• Use a template and land directly in the editor to start creating content right away

• [Coming Soon!] Sort templates by Recommended or Alphabetical

• [Coming Soon!] Star your favorite templates and access them from the Starred category

Feedback or Questions

Don’t forget to let us know any feedback or questions you have in the comments. We’d love to hear your suggestions on how we can make this experience even better for you!

7 comments

Anna November 10, 2020

Just wanted to say that it's really nice to be able to visualize the template before using it. Very nice ! 

Like # people like this
Ira Chandler November 12, 2020

WONDERFUL.  So this works with the "FUNCTIONAL" editor, right?  Not that watered-down joke of a NEW "kiddie" editor that you are foisting on us, right?

Like # people like this
Rose Eliff November 12, 2020

Good point, @Ira Chandler . If it doesn't use the legacy editor (with all the functionality for image sizing, borders, etc.), then these won't be of use to my company. 

Ira Chandler November 12, 2020

@Rose Eliff  You have a lot of nerve needing functionality that the G-ds at Altlassian deemed unnecessary for mere mortals like us.  Aren't we supposed to just bow down and adjust our OWN business requirements to suit what some committee (a camel is a horse designed by a committee) deems allowable?  I am feeling very obstinate.  

Like Ben Callow likes this
Darryl St_ Pierre November 13, 2020

Great idea.

Will it still allow us to Promote custom templates ahead of the Atlassian stock templates?

Avni Barman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2020

@Ira Chandler @Rose Eliff yes you will able to use either editor in the Template Gallery just as you would with the regular Create flow.

@Darryl St_ Pierre Currently, the template gallery is sorted alphabetically. In the future, you will be able to sort by recommended so that templates are sorted by frequency of use. For now, you can filter by "Promoted" templates just by selecting the "Promoted" category pill. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Avni Barman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2021

Hey everyone,

🎉 I have an exciting update! 🎉

In a few weeks, we will also be bringing you Recommendations and Starring in the gallery, which will help you start creating more quickly. Sort by recommendations to see your most relevant templates first or bring your favorite templates to the forefront by starring templates you use and like the most!

Don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you have any new feedback or questions in the comments. We always love to hear your suggestions on how we can make this experience even better for you!

Like Monique vdB likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events