🔅 A better publishing experience is coming to you

59 comments

Lingyang Zhu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2023

@Robin Oswald Schwartz - 

Answered your question in the questions, but pasting the response here in case anyone else have similar questions: 

In this specific case, this "someone else" will see that there is a scheduled publish for this page. If they still decide to publish right away, they will need to cancel the scheduled publish first, then manually publish. 

The result is, your scheduled change will be published, and the schedule publish is cancelled.

To make sure all changes (both yours and another person's) both get schedule published, the other person need to simply not publish the page (press close button/ close browser tab/ navigate away, or stay at the edit page without any further action) once they finished editing. 

> Is there a way to schedule a change to a page's permissions

Yes, you can do it via publish dialog, by making changes in permission field, set a schedule publish time, and click schedule

Robin Oswald Schwartz September 27, 2023

OK, thanks. I was afraid of that. We can't use the feature in that case. 

I will look into the permission scheduling aspect, although I imagine that's also subject to someone else not publishing the page earlier, correct?

Lingyang Zhu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2023

@Robin Oswald Schwartz That's correct, schedule publish can be cancelled by other user that have edit permission

Rebecca Campbell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 1, 2023

Hi - I published and then created a confluence teams. How can I get my page to display in the team activity? I can only update now.  Thanks Rebecca

Pedro Estrela
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 3, 2023

How can I skip this dialog completely, and use the defaults?
I create a lot of new pages and this dialog is useless to me. I never changed anything there.

If I do, I will know where to change it later.

Lingyang Zhu
Atlassian Team
November 3, 2023

@Pedro Estrela Easiest way would be to use keyboard shortcut - cmd + enter twice for initial publish. The dialog will show up upon the first cmd + enter, then the second cmd + enter will publish the page

Like • # people like this
Lingyang Zhu
Atlassian Team
November 3, 2023

@Rebecca Campbell If the page was published before the creation of teams it probably will not show up in activity, I'm not 100% sure about this. Does it help if you copy the page to publish again, and delete the old page?

Like • Andy Gladstone likes this
Ashley Rowley (Contractor)
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 25, 2024

Is there still a way to publish without notifying but still add version comments? I do a lot of editing without notifying others and like to add version comments to keep track of the things that I changed (don't like spamming users with a lot of emails for minor changes). I know before the change I was able to add version comments so I can keep track of what changes I made in what version but I haven't been able to find if I can still do that in this update. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Rick Westbrock March 26, 2024

@Ashley Rowley (Contractor) yes, instead of clicking the Update button click its associated arrow (Adjust update settings) which will open a dialog box. The dialog box allows you to enter a comment but you can uncheck the "Notify watchers via email" box to suppress notifications.

update-options-button.pngdialog-box.png

Like • Ashley Rowley (Contractor) likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events