A 4 BC Confluence - Blogs from a Stoic

As every time Confluence: you ask - I write. ðŸ’™

February '21 Authors' theme rolled the wheels of our imagination and inspired us to create bold concepts over some absolutely hypothetical probabilities! If I could give Confluence to any person in history, it will be tricky to find answers different from "everybody." To me, keeping your planning on track seems so essential, and it's hard to decide who will be the person empowered by my choice.

After a short observation, I came up with the name of a man known for his philosophical works, plays, and essays. It occurred to me that this legendary persona obviously needs a creative collaboration tool to enhance his overall performance, collect and preserve the knowledge. Let me introduce you to Lucius Annaeus Seneca the Younger, usually known as Seneca, a Roman Stoic philosopher, statesman, and dramatist from the Silver Age of Latin literature.

Seneca's career was built on various activities, most of them focused on collaboration, advisory, writing, and reporting. You get where I'm going. (smile)

I believe that having Confluence by his side, Seneca may improve his heavy workflow and fully optimize it.

Because we are always working with examples, let's change the 4 BC game a bit.

Praised for his oratory in the early career as a senator, Seneca probably needed some personal space where to write and track his speeches, and when needed, restrict them from bad eyes. 

Later in his career, while acting as Nero's advisor, he may significantly improve collaboration and reduce review time using best-practice Confluence templates as a starting point for any imperial activities. 

After a life full of significant achievements, everyone needs sun, water, peace of mind... and eventually a blog. Seneca was no exception. Known for his deep and thoughtful writing, his lasting contribution to philosophy changed human perspectives worldwide. Imagine if he used Confluence? Probably Lucilius would have been happier receiving his letters real-time!

4bc-confluence-seneca.jpg

It was an interesting scenario to move around my brain, and it made me even more appreciate the way I receive information these days.

And who will you empower with the gift of Confluence? ðŸ’™

1 comment

Donnie Grooms February 12, 2021

Seneca welcomed adversity with "Amor Fati", the same way Confluence does. I think of my life as richer having known both the Stoic and the SaaS. 

Like • # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events