⚡️ Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, but 5 new features in Automation for Confluence ✨

👋 Community! Avinoam from Automation for Confluence here again with 5 new features:

1. Manual triggers for end users in smart links: Use manual triggers directly from Confluence smart links in Confluence and Jira.
  2. Slack integration in-context discoverability: Go from manual sharing of pages to Slack to automated slack notifications based on changes made to pages.
  3. Manual triggers action in the content manager: Bulk update pages with automated multi-actions (i.e. add a label, change status, and assign owner)
  4. Support for SmartLinks in Content Tree triggers and actions in automation: Trigger automations based on the creation of a smart links in content tree or automatically create smartlinks in content tree.
  5. Deactivated page owners branch and template: Trigger automations based on if users are inactive/deactivated and not just based on the if the page is inactive.

Manual triggers for end users in smart links

From now, whenever you hover over a Confluence smartlink on a Confluence page or in a Jira issue, you'll see available automations directly in the hover card. This means your users will be able to execute manually triggered automations for the linked page directly from the smartlinks without having to leave what their doing!

This is designed to supercharge productivity and actionability of pages with the power of automation at your fingertips, wherever you are in Confluence or Jira.

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 11.53.05 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-30 at 11.53.15 AM.png

Slack integration in-context discoverability

You know how once in a while you use the share button to share a page to Slack via our integration? Well, why not automate that based on changes made to pages, like adding labels or changing statuses, in order to streamline notifications in Slack without having to remember to share it to the right people?

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 11.54.57 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-30 at 11.55.07 AM.png

Manual triggers action in the content manager

Next time you're in the Content Manager, if you want to leverage manual triggers to perform more than one action at a time in bulk to your content - you can! For example, you can create a manual trigger to change the page owner, the page status, and add a label (and much more) and use that in the Content Manager to bulk update multiple pages with multiple actions in one click. Talk about exponential productivity!!! 

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 11.52.28 AM.png

Support for SmartLinks in Content Tree triggers and actions in automation

A couple weeks ago we announced support for Whiteboards and Databases - so we figured why leave out our newest content type - SmartLinks in Content Tree - and all the use cases it unlocks. Today you can leverage them as either a trigger for a rule or as an action to perform.

An example use case here can be to create an entire project space in Jira when a Confluence space is created which will add the Smart Link to the Page tree.

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 11.50.36 AM.png

Deactivated page owners branch and template

Last but not least, this is the missing piece to managing content as a source of truth. Till now we provided you the ability to look at content freshness from the lens of activity on the page but not the activeness of the page owner of the page itself.

Now you can create rules to automatically change page owners for example for pages that have deactivated page owners to make sure the right people are connected to the right content. We also created a new template for this, just to make it easier to get started.

Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 5.35.10 PM.png

When it will be available?

Most of these are already live or rolling out this week to all Confluence Premium and Enterprise customers!

We want to hear from you!

We’d love your feedback so please feel free to schedule time with us directly here or drop a comment on this post :pray:

6 comments

Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2024

Wow! The team is doing an incredible job with providing us more and more Automation features. 🎉

On a site note. I'm getting FOMO here. I feel like it's almost impossible to keep up. 😅 I really urgently need to take a look at it all. 

⬆️ Me trying to keep up with the Confluence Automation team. 

Like # people like this
Heather Blue May 30, 2024

@Svenja Lorenzen SAME!

I recently set aside time to catch up on a bunch of new updates and features, and since then my inbox has grown to gain another 20+ emails from Atlassian I have to catch up on 😂 it's my favorite problem to have - keep it coming, automation team! 👏

Like # people like this
Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 3, 2024

As mentioned to you already at Team '24 at your booth: Great job team I really love automations and you keep making it better and better!

Great additions and updates! My favorite one this time is changing the page owner of deactivated users. You just don't wanna change owners manually :D!

Cheers,
Steffen

Like Avinoam likes this
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 6, 2024

@Avinoam, your team is making my team VERY happy. 🙂

https://youtube.com/shorts/7NPEE0ENjrQ

Like Avinoam likes this
Avinoam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2024

@Matt Reiner _K15t_ @Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_ We ❤️ you K15T dream team!!! 

Like # people like this
Keiran
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 27, 2024

Fantastic update! The deactivated page owners branch and template alone is a game-changer for us.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events