Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whiteboarding with external companies

Anton Gustafsson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 29, 2024

We're considering to resign from Miro and move our whiteboarding to Confluence. The one feature I'm wondering about is how we can collaborate with external users. We currently use Miro for workshops with external stakeholders, how supported is this with the new Whiteboarding feature?

Do we need to create a new space for every external company (leads, customers, partners) that we want to cooperate with using Whiteboards? Many times the only content ever shared is a single specific whiteboard, so creating a separate space feels a bit too much. 

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Thorsten Kamann April 13, 2024

Why is it so complicated and not practical. Why don‘t you copy the ux of Miro or Figjam, where I can share a board (with all the permission the guests needed) with one click?

0 votes
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2024

Hello @Anton Gustafsson !

To add the external users (guests), you would need to do the following:

1. Since these are the external stakeholders I am assuming that they not have an Atlassian account and they would need to go to the whiteboard without any additional logging in:
    1. If that is the case then you need to allow the "Anonymous access" to your Confluence space: Space Settings -> Anonymous access (this allows anyone on the internet to access the dashboard - anyone who has the link to it of course)Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 14.32.50.png
    2. If they have the Atlassian account, then you can add them to guests, since it won't be taking any licenses seats: Space Settings -> Guests
  2. Set the restrictions of your whiteboardScreenshot 2024-01-29 at 14.34.37.png

If you don't wanna use this permission you can choose other ones.

You don't need to create separate spaces, only one is enough where you can the external users.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events