Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parent Link field needed for create Jira Ticket

Richard_Donnell July 27, 2023

Can you make the Parent Link (soon to be called Parent) field available in the create Jira ticket flow please.

4 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Christina Ristevski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2024

@Sharon Miesen @Richard_Donnell we now support the Parent Link field in whiteboards!

0 votes
Sharon Miesen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 9, 2024

@Scott Le @Christina Ristevski    Revisting this topic now that the Parent field is deployed.     I just tried creating an epic from a sticky note.   The Parent Link field was the only one displayed.    When I tried to add one of our initiatives (level above epics using Advanced Roadmaps) not only did I get an error message "Operation value must be a string", I also could not even clear the field to save my new epic.   I had to discard it and start over.    Are there plans to implement the Parent field here?   

Christina Ristevski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2024

Hi @Sharon Miesen we're planning to update to the new Parent field once they've completed their roll out. Should see it in Confluence whiteboards over the next few weeks! 

Like Sharon Miesen likes this
Sharon Miesen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 12, 2024

@Christina Ristevski   Thank you for the info.   I will watch for it.    

Like Christina Ristevski likes this
0 votes
Christina Ristevski
Atlassian Team
September 3, 2023

@Richard_Donnell Yes! We do have plans to support the new field once it's available. 

0 votes
Scott Le
Atlassian Team
July 27, 2023

hi @Richard_Donnell, in the Whiteboard's Jira create modal, you should see an option to show more fields and it would show fields that you would normally see when creating issues in Jira. Just to confirm that you do see the Parent Link field in your Jira site2023-07-28 at 9.58 am.jpeg on creating new issues?

Richard_Donnell July 28, 2023

Hi - yes I have tried that and also checked Parent link exists on the target Epic. It pulls in some fields, including some custom fields, but not the whole list.

Scott Le
Atlassian Team
July 30, 2023

hi @Richard_Donnell , we currently don't support the Parent Link custom field, but we do support the `Epic Link`, is it possible that you could change to use the Epic Link instead? 

Richard_Donnell July 31, 2023

Hi @Scott Le , thanks for replying - we use both Epic and Parent link in our hierarchy here, so that wold not be possible. 

Are there plans to support it? perhaps after the upcoming change that migrates both Epic Link and Parent Link to 'Parent' ?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events