Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues displaying content on small screens

Jo Leslie-McCran May 4, 2023

We've just started trialling Confluence Whiteboards and have noticed that when we switch from an external monitor to our laptop monitor, there are a couple of display problems

• The toolbar at the bottom is huge
  • The 'link issues' pop up on the top right does not display

Just wondering if this is expected being such an early version?

This is a screenshot of it on an external monitor:

external.PNG

And below is on the laptop. This is the exact same whiteboard, as you can see the 'link issues' pop up on the top right has completely disappeared and the toolbar has not scaled

laptop.PNG

1 answer

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Jonno Katahanas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2023

Hey @Jo Leslie-McCran! Jonno from the product team here. This absolutely isn't expected during the early version. Haven't seen this before. Sorry to hear you're experiencing this.

So that we can troubleshoot, can you please send through some of the following details to Abhi, one of our lead engineers at akishore@atlassian.com: 

1. Browser you're using (e.g. Edge, Chrome, Safari)
  2. Browser version
  3. Operating system you're using (e.g. MacOS, Windows, etc)
  4. Operating system version
  5. Laptop model 

Understanding these will be super helpful in enabling us to investigate.

Thanks for helping bring this to our attention. Hopefully we can get this rectified for you ASAP.

Cheers,

Jonno

Jo Leslie-McCran May 12, 2023

Thanks Jonno, I've emailed Abhi :-) 

Jo Leslie-McCran June 7, 2023

@Jonno Katahanas Just to let you know I haven't heard back from Abhi on this

bhi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2023

Hey @Jo Leslie-McCran

Firstly: My apologies for the delayed response, and for the issue you're experiencing.

One small follow-up question to help me diagnose: Is this an issue you're facing only when moving the whiteboard from your external -> laptop monitor, or is the UI showing up like that for you with a large toolbar, etc, all the time?

Jo Leslie-McCran June 27, 2023

Hi @bhi

The large toolbar is showing up for me all the time, even if I just open the whiteboard on my laptop.

I don't know if it quite shows up correctly in these screenshots, but the first is on a laptop and the second is on a large external monitor. On both of these screens the toolbar is the exact same size, meaning on the small laptop screen it takes up a lot of real estate compared to when on the external monitor

laptop.PNGexternal.PNG

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events