Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add comments in whiteboard?

Jan Niklas Rösch August 17, 2023

We would love to use whiteboards but one major backbone of our workflow is to add comments and tag users wherever changes have been made to direct the focus or to notify people of changes. I would love to see an integration such as the default in-line comments of confluence being added to whiteboards

5 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

7 votes
Answer accepted
Christina Ristevski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2023

Hey @Jan Niklas Rösch totalllly hear you on this one. We definitely want to bring in the ability to leave comments + tag users. This is something on our roadmap :-)

Emily Mcgregor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 17, 2023

Any idea when this might be? Would effect our current evaluations of switching over to whiteboard

Like Aysegul Ozgur likes this
Pierre Leroux February 12, 2024

Hi @Christina Ristevski would you have any temptative roadmap for this feature?

Like Aysegul Ozgur likes this
Christina Ristevski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2024

@Pierre Leroux we're actively working on this feature, you'll likely see it land in product in the next 1-2 months.

Like # people like this
Alexandra Nelson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 22, 2024

Absolutely agree. Without that feature, it's really difficult to actively use it to collaborate

Like # people like this
Michel Jamati
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 4, 2024

Any movement on this? I'm having alot of trouble using this functionality without comment capabilities.

Need to create post-it notes to comment on other post-it notes.

Like # people like this
Aysegul Ozgur
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 17, 2024

We strongly need this ability as well, in order to mention teammates without going to the hassle of taking screenshots - so inefficient

3 votes
Farzin Habib Pour
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 6, 2023

@Christina Ristevski Do you have any update on this? 

Our team needs to know the timing of this release as we are evaluating multiple options.

Thanks.

Christina Ristevski
Atlassian Team
December 6, 2023

Hey @Farzin Habib Pour we don't have an exact date but likely some time early next year!

Like # people like this
Casey Ogle
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 15, 2024

@Christina Ristevski Do we have any updates on this? I am working on a project and the team is asking how we can tag contributors on the whiteboard. 

Like # people like this
Matt Wagner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 9, 2024

@Christina Ristevski are there any updates on this capability?  Thank you.

Like # people like this
Mohsin Qamar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 17, 2024

Are we any closer to the 'early next year' date ? Any indication of availability is appreciated.

1 vote
Peter Wilczynski May 7, 2024

HI @Christina Ristevski 

Is the release date for comments any time soon? 

Our team would like to switch from the draw.io but lack of comments is stopping us from doing so. 

Emily Ditchfield
Atlassian Team
May 8, 2024

Hi @Peter Wilczynski! We're looking to have commenting capabilities out in the next month!

Like # people like this
0 votes
Emily Ditchfield
Atlassian Team
May 30, 2024

Hi @Jan Niklas Rösch ! This feature should now be available to you, you can read about some other features we've released/have coming soon here. Let us know if you have any feedback!

0 votes
Jessica McIntosh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 22, 2024

@Emily Ditchfield  - on May 8th you said this feature would be released within a month.  Is that still on track? Will it be released by early June?  Looking at the thread, it seems that this feature is promised but keeps getting put off.  

it would be helpful to know the truth... not just a guess as to when it will release.  

Thanks!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events