Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is it possible to create a Jira issue from a whiteboard?

Claire LOCATELLI October 13, 2023

Hi!

I saw that it is possible to import Jira issues but is it possible to create a new Jira issue from a whiteboard? If so, how can I do that?

Thx!

[EDIT]

OK, I found here how I can do this actually :) https://intercom.help/confluence-whiteboards/en/articles/6465204-integrate-whiteboards-into-your-atlassian-workflow

But I don't see the menu "Create". Same thing when I select multiple stickies to create multiple issues..

Is there a permission to allow it?

Capture d'écran 2023-10-13 102138.png  

Other question: is it possible to create a Jira issue without creating a sticky note?

5 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mitul Panchal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2023

Hi @Claire LOCATELLI , have you added Jira as a product to your organisation/cloud site yet or created a Jira project? It may not show you the create button until you have done so.

Another reason you may see an "inactive" create jira button is if you do not have any text on the sticky note so make sure you give it some words!

Also, you can create multiple Jira issues if you select multiple sticky notes, you should be then be able to see create multiple Jira issues as an option. Let me know how you go!

Hi @Mitul Panchal

yes I did, Jira is a product and we have several Jira projects. I can import Jira issues from those projects easily by the way.

I also tried to convert a sticky WITH some text on it into a Jira issue (like showed on my screenshot) but it's not wroking...

Any other ideas?

Mitul Panchal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2023

Hi @Claire LOCATELLI , sorry to hear that you're having trouble using this feature! can you share a screenshot of what you can see please and checking that the cloud site (abc.atlassian.net) is the same for both, Confluence and Jira.

Claire LOCATELLI October 16, 2023

Hi @Mitul Panchal ,

The cloud sites are the same (for both Confluence and Jira).

Here is a screenshot of what I see on my whiteboard. You can see that I'm able to import Jira issues but I can't see the button to create a Jira Issue when I select a sticky note. whiteboard-screenshot.png

Mitul Panchal
Atlassian Team
October 16, 2023

Hi @Claire LOCATELLI , can you refresh and try now? I have just internally raised it with the Confluence Whiteboard team and they seem to have given it some love!

@srikanth saripalli thank you for sharing that information.

Like srikanth saripalli likes this
Claire LOCATELLI October 17, 2023

Thanks @Mitul Panchal !

It's working now :)

Like Mitul Panchal likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
srikanth saripalli October 16, 2023

Hi @Claire LOCATELLI 

We faced the same issue. This can reproduce in two ways on windows laptops.

1. On Windows Laptop with HD Resolution (1366*768)

In the screenshot shared above there is second border line towards the right. That must the button we are looking for.

2. In Full HD Resolution(1920*1080)  with DPI Set to 150 also same behavior. 

By changing DPI to 100 and a page refresh, we solved on one machine(1920*1080) but no luck for on resolution: 1366*768. Another person having FHD in team is helping to create jira tickets. Also looking to upgrade the HD laptop to FHD.

So try to load whiteboard browser on a FHD/2K External monitor or reduce your DPI(if windows) or samll Text size(In Mac). 

Curious to know if our experience helped you.

Claire LOCATELLI October 17, 2023

Thanks @srikanth saripalli !

I would never have thought about this solution!

The team seems to have fixed the issue thanks to your answer, so it's working for me now :)

Like # people like this
0 votes
YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2023

it's the existing functionality and you can do it now

0 votes

OK, I found here how I can do this actually :) https://intercom.help/confluence-whiteboards/en/articles/6465204-integrate-whiteboards-into-your-atlassian-workflow

But I don't see the menu "Create". Same thing when I select multiple stickies to create multiple issues..

Is there a permission to allow it?

Capture d'écran 2023-10-13 102138.png 

Other question: is it possible to create a Jira issue without creating a sticky note?

0 votes
Marc Nerenberg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 13, 2023

It's possible to create issues using post-its
post-it_2_issue.png

Thanks Marc. Sorry I sent my answer at the same time.

I found how I can do that but I don't see the "Create a Jira Issue button" (see my capture in my answer)... I was wondering if there is a permission to allow it? Or why can't I see it?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events