Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you use Whiteboards to coordinate teams?

Matt Richards December 12, 2023

Our product and business teams are using Jira to manage their scrum process, and the leaders of those teams get together once weekly in a "Leadership Huddle" to coordinate the major work streams. The idea is that each team leader presents their major tasks for the week and surfaces any blockers/dependencies they may have. New issues are also often identified. 

We run this meeting over a Slack Huddle with each participant opening the meeting's Confluence Whiteboard individually. Jira issues are imported for existing work and stickies are created during the meeting when we identify something new. These are then turned into Jira issues and assigned. Each team member has a column within which their assigned issues reside, and completed issues are moved to a separate section. 

This process works ok, with some team members engaging with Jira and the whiteboard more than others. I'm hoping to learn about how others are handling similar events/content.

Do you use Confluence Whiteboards for coordination? If so, how? If not, what are you using? 

Any thoughts are appreciated! 

1 comment

Comment

Igor Syzko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 12, 2023

We use Whiteboards as a part of product requirements, by showing architectural diagrams or other similar context. Once all requirements are in place then we proceed working on the same page by doing breakdown into user stories and sub-task, evaluating them and marking risky issues with specific icons, all team is collaborating on the whiteboard during our grooming sessions.. When all features are broken down and estimated I convert user stories into Jira tickets and moving subtasks there. 

Like Kanishk likes this
Matt Richards December 12, 2023

Thanks for the insight. While this is a bit different of a use case, it's very cool to hear about. Sounds like it's similar to user story mapping. We also use whiteboards for this. 

Like Igor Syzko likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events