Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence whiteboards have officially arrived!

We’re so excited to announce that we have started rolling out Confluence whiteboards to all Confluence customers! This new tool is designed to enhance your team's collaboration, allowing you to visually map out ideas, plans, and projects in a dynamic and interactive way 🤩

Confluence whiteboards will be progressively rolled out to customers in the coming weeks. Customers requiring import/export functionality will receive Confluence whiteboards at a later date as we build out functionality to support these requirements. Admins of these sites can choose to bypass this requirement and self-opt into Confluence whiteboards in the admin hub.

hero shot 1.png

Brainstorm without boundaries

With Confluence whiteboards, your team can freely express and explore ideas without the constraints of traditional formats. It serves as a canvas for your creativity, allowing you to jot down notes and move elements around as your ideas develop.

Your whiteboard toolkit

Add sticky notes, shapes, lines, and stamps to your board! Or start a timer for your latest team collab session. Confluence whiteboards give you the tools for whatever you’re trying to accomplish – from small team brain dumps to running large plays with cross-functional teams.

Learn more about the tools in Confluence whiteboards.

Use templates to get started

From planning to brainstorming to running retrospectives, Confluence whiteboards come with a bunch of best practice templates making it easy for you to get started.

templates hero.png

Learn more about templates in Confluence whiteboards.

Collaborate with your team

Bring your team along! Whiteboards are the perfect canvas for teamwork. Invite others to your board and collaborate in real-time.

collab hero 1.png 

Turn ideas into action

Transitioning from brainstorming to execution is seamless with Confluence whiteboards. Its close integration with Jira (Jira Software, Jira Work Management, Jira Service Management, Jira Product Discovery) allows you to move your work from an idea on a sticky into an actionable task with a few simple clicks. Convert sticky notes into Jira issues, create relationships between issues, and apply actions to issues in bulk without ever leaving your whiteboard.

Learn more about Confluence whiteboards and Jira.

Transform a sticky into an action item

Create issue.gif

Learn more about converting a sticky into a Jira issue.

Create relationships with smart connectors

Smart connectors.gif

Learn more about smart connectors.

Take actions in bulk with smart sections

Smart section.gif

Learn more about smart sections.

Connect work

Avoid interruptions caused by disconnected apps for increased efficiency and reduced context switching. Embed 3rd party links directly onto your whiteboard so you can easily access information from anywhere on a single screen.

Learn more about inserting links in Confluence whiteboards.

link hero.png

Or, embed your whiteboard into pages and other Atlassian tools for a more comprehensive view of your work.

Learn more about embedding whiteboards into Atlassian tools.

embed hero.png

Consolidate tools

Confluence Whiteboards brings together the best visual collaboration tools in one place, reducing the need to switch between apps and platforms. Whether you're mapping out a project timeline, organizing a sprint, or planning a product launch, everything can be done within Confluence.

Learn more about Confluence plans.

Get ready to take your team's creativity and productivity to the next level with Confluence Whiteboards.

Cheers,

Christina Ristevski | Confluence whiteboards Product Manager

6 comments

Comment

Lynne Wilton March 13, 2024

Love whiteboards but the 3 active board limit is proving restrictive. If I accidentally go over my limit and delete/archive boards so I am back to 3, my old boards are still in non-edit mode :(

Like # people like this
Matt Richards March 13, 2024

Confluence Whiteboards has incredible promise and the team behind it is awesome, but the account level restrictions Atlassian has imposed mean that your use of this new tool is likely to cause more problems for you than it solves. 

Atlassian won't rethink this decision without users explaining how it impacts them. Speak up by commenting here, creating your own post, or contributing to the post below.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Whiteboards/Plan-Changes-Whiteboards-Crippled-for-Paying-Users/qaq-p/2604977?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=kudos_comment&utm_content=topic

Like # people like this
simon March 13, 2024

Whiteboards are great. 

The three board limit makes them 100% unusable. I have to scrap the diagrams I created in them during the beta because there is just no point continuing to use Whiteboards as a solution with this insanely restrictive limit. 

It really does make Whiteboards useless. 

Would Confluence be of any use if there was a cap on how many pages each user could edit? No, the usefulness of Confluence is it being a repository for all of our information, processes, everything. We can freely add what we need and iterate over and over. It's wonderful.

I thought Whiteboards would be the same. Diagrams right there in my page hierarchy. Incredibly useful. But now it's unusable due to this limit. Utterly unusable.

Like # people like this
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2024

Thanks - Happy to see it is "officially" available. I used it about 3 weeks ago ... what is new features are there rolled out on Confluence Whiteboards of the last 3 weeks? 

Also are the boards on all plans infinite boards?

Thank you

Samuel Muñoz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 14, 2024

Great feature but terrible for workflows, now my teams cannot access the whiteboards that I created for them or that require updates (such as a page).

Like Marcel Gaßmann likes this
Darius April 15, 2024

@Christina Ristevski 

This feature was just killed overnight for our organization. 3-active board limits for standard plans was a mistake. 

A huge loss of trust in Atlassian is the end result of this 'Feature Release".
Our staff won't be making the mistake of investing large amounts of time and energy into  leveraging new features until there is transparency around the billing plan they are placed on. 

Hopefully this gets re-assessed and quickly. If it doesn't, its been a huge dead-end investment in staff hours. Money we don't get back. Which certainly doesn't motivated us to spend excessively more per/user when we could switch back to MIRO for less and get significantly more features, value, and internal/external collaboration. 

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events