Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Functionality

Timothy J. Florencki August 31, 2023

Is there any way to change the fields that get displayed on an issue card? 

It appears the defaults are Status, Priority, Assignee, and Summary. Is there a way to customize that like you can for issues on a Kanban board?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Christina Ristevski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2023

Hi @Timothy J. Florencki unfortunately not at the moment however it is something we want to explore in the future!

What sort of fields would you like to see displayed on an issue card?

Timothy J. Florencki September 1, 2023

@Christina Ristevski i'd like to have the flexibility to pick what fields show, whether it be a standard Jira field or a custom one created by my organization. Things like the name of the Team assigned to the work or current story point roll-up. 

Jira Kanban cards show Summary, Key, Parent, Priority, Issue Type, Status, and Assignee. Additionally, on a per board basis, a user is able to select 3 additional fields to show. It would be great to have similar flexibility for a Whiteboard card. 

Like # people like this
David Exner January 8, 2024

@Christina Ristevski ,  if possible, it would also be nice to be able to change the color of the Jira issue card itself. We would like to use it for fast distinction between teams (or projects) on the board.

Now, we do it using square-type shapes with different colors and adding Jira issues to them. Since it is not possible to bind them together, we would like to avoid this approach because we always need to move the shape and the issue card separately.

Also, Jira issue card re-sizing would be nice to have.

Hopefully, it could also help others. 

Like David Shulman likes this
Stefan Draber January 16, 2024

Hi @Christina Ristevski 

we're also exploring Whiteboard Beta for a while and would find the possibility to change the Jira Card layout on the Whiteboard pretty useful.

Basically I guess that it'd be perfect to be free in our choice of the Card layout on each Whiteboard. For example like in the Jira Board configuration, where I can pick three field values to be displayed on the card. (Even better: if they could be edited directly on the card)

Our current use case is that the teams do their WSJF-estimation-workshop on Whiteboard. For a better overview, all issues are displayed in the card layout. In order to see the current values (or to check if there are values yet at all) they have to switch each issue to the embedded view.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events