Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug Report - Sections within Sections Drop Content

Tobias Palm October 18, 2023

There's a super frustrating bug if you have sections within sections...

If you have a section within a section, the content of the topmost section will randomly fall "underneath" that layer and get stuck to the underlying section, so the end result is what looks like a very empty top section.

Expected Result: Information stays sticky to the section that it is placed in, until it is manually moved. 

Steps To Repro: 

1. Create a Section (Section A)
  2. Create another Section (Section B) inside of Section A
  3. Place content in Section B. 
  4. Create another Section (Section C) inside of Section A
  5. Place Content in Section C and manipulate it
  6. Manipulate Section A (Make Bigger or Smaller, or Shift Slightly)
  7. Observe that the Content in Section B is now underneath Section B and is on Section A instead.

Top Image: The Sections Appear Empty

Whiteboard Bug 1.png

Bottom Image: Move the Teal Section to the right and you can see that the content in it has dropped down one layer. 

Whiteboard Bug 2.png

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Jonas Spilles October 18, 2023

We have the same error in our system. Wouldn't it also be useful if you drag a Section A into a Section B, that this is grouped and moves as a group when you move Section A? 

Tobias Palm October 18, 2023

That sounds like a perfectly logical expectation. 

I'm trialling a workaround for the bug - locking the sections I'm not currently working on, to see if the lock might prevent the content from slipping... 

0 votes
Christina Ristevski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2023

@Tobias Palm do you mind sending a video recording of the error, we can't seem to reproduce on our end? 

Tobias Palm October 24, 2023

@Christina Ristevski I've made a recording, but I'm reticent to post the video publicly online, as its a recording of our work on confluence, even with the blur effect I've applied. Is there anyway I can DM it your way? 

Like Christina Ristevski likes this
Christina Ristevski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2023

@Tobias Palm feel free to email me, cristevski@atlassian.com OR you can leave feedback via the three dot menu in the top right hand corner of the whiteboard. This will land into an inbox that our team manages. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events