Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser Requirements? local issue for us, but wondering what needs changing

Richard_Donnell July 27, 2023

Hi - On our desktop build here Whiteboard works in Chrome, but in Edge it does not - basically in Edge we can pick up an object to place, but cannot place it on the whiteboard.

I'm just wondering what the requirements are so I can get our support people to tweak our Edge setting for us all. 

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Le
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2023

Hi @Richard_Donnell could you please share what Edge version that you are using? We do support the latest Edge based on Chromium browser, but not the old one. 

Richard_Donnell July 28, 2023

image.png

Does this help? 

Scott Le
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2023

That's the latest Edge browser based on Chromium, so it should work. Would you be able to record a video of your problem so we can investigate? I also use the same Edge version and it works well for me 2023-07-31 at 2.37 pm.jpeg

Richard_Donnell July 31, 2023

Unfortunately we cannot record videos here - is there a particular technology used to render the sites functionality? I'm wondering if something is locked down here incorrectly on Edge, but not Chrome

Scott Le
Atlassian Team
July 31, 2023

If it works in Chrome then it should work in Edge. We use WebGL for rendering the whiteboard and it needs the hardware acceleration enabled in the browser to work.

So if you could provide either a video or maybe the console logs, that would help us to diagnose the issue. 

Richard_Donnell August 9, 2023

It's webGL, for some reason its only working on our Chrome build, not on Edge. 

0 votes
Christina Ristevski
Atlassian Team
August 30, 2023

Hey @Richard_Donnell - is this issue still occurring? 

We use WebGL for rendering the whiteboard and it needs the hardware acceleration enabled in the browser to work.

So if you could provide either a video or maybe the console logs, that would help us to diagnose the issue. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events