Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What have we shipped so far

Confluence databases.png

⭐️ Note: we will be migrating our EAP instances to Beta shortly & closing the gap on the differences that exist today between EAP and Beta (for example: supporting media like images, referencing entries/values). We wanted to rollout the Beta version as soon as we could so all the folks that wanted to try databases can, as we iterate on it! 

👇🏽 Here's a few things we're shipping next for the Beta experience:

• Ability to add rows and columns anywhere

✅ In case you missed it, here's everything we've shipped so far:

Internationalization - ability to view language in database screens in multiple languages.

Add rows and columns from anywhere

Add rows and columns from anywhere.png

Add images to your databases -- and check out the card layout after!

images.png

Add an existing database, entry, or value to your page!

reference.png

Want to share with someone the exact view you're looking at?

Click on the "save view" drop down and copy the link and share!

save view 2.png

Did you filter for something specific or sort your database and want to save this view? Click the "save view" drop down and update or save a new view

Save or update a view:

save view.png

Databases now use Smart Links, so you can copy and paste the url for a database in any editor in Atlassian (ie: Confluence page, comment, Jira description, Trello description, etc) 

database in a jira description.png

database in a Jira description

Databases are in the content tree, which means you can now organize them with the rest of your content. You can now

• move databases
  • archive databases
  • delete databases
Beta content tree!.png

Deleting columns is easier.

• contextual tool bar makes the delete button accessible
  • delete multiple columns at a time
beta delete rows.png 

Right rail makes it easy to edit in context

right rail.png

You can drag and drop your rows anywhere

drag and drop rows.png

Now you can rename in a WSIWYG style (what you see is what you get)

rename column.png

Removed the Intercom chat icon that was blocking space on embedded databases.

embedded_database.png

9 comments

Comment

Jim Wilkinson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 2, 2024

Need database images in columns as soon as possible - glad they are coming in next release . . .

Like # people like this
Denniz Elci
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 5, 2024

How often are these updates rolled out? Is there a schedule or just whenever a handful of things has been implemented/ improved?

Like # people like this
Divya Sriram
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2024

@Denniz Elci - we have an internal prioritized roadmap that we're working on between large features and small improvements. We'll update this page as we roll any of these features out.

Like # people like this
Sean Blezard March 20, 2024

@Divya Sriram - it's a fantastic product feature set... I hope features are coming around Jira integration. For example, if I have a Jira column and choose a Jira issue... when I go to that Jira issue in Jira, I don't see any backlink to the table rows it's referenced in. Kind of like the Confluence link option that we have had forever.

Like Divya Sriram likes this
George Pomar March 20, 2024

Being able to do some basic calculations would be more than amazing.

Like # people like this
Sean Blezard March 20, 2024

@George Pomar : I agree regarding calculations. It's something that Airtable does. On the Jira issues side, Structure (from Tempo) is my favourite tool for slicing and dicing data on Jira issues.

Like George Pomar likes this
Alexander Kindyakov
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 27, 2024

Hiya everyone! :) Happy to participate in early bird test for the database feature. It is very useful, I started using it for Architecture Governance, to keep track of all the integrations and applications. One issue is with importing items.. If I have some cross-reference field to another database, I cannot populate these columns/fields automatically during the import (see image below), so after that I have to enter them manually which is really pain when you have > 200 rows. The values in that cross database are equal to value in CSV, so they could really match automatically.

@Divya Sriram  , @Christina Ristevski , So, if it could import/set cross-reference items by their values, it would be just great

Thanks

Example.png

Alexander Kindyakov
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 27, 2024

@Christina Ristevski , one more issue is with embedding databases into articles. It would be great to embed it seamlessly to look the same as when it open it directly, i.e. without that frame around, extra titles, etc. 

The intention of embedding is to:

1) Show limited columns/view information for end-users and limit them editing it

2) Add extra information to the article, e.g. introduction/rules.

But with current way it embeds it is really lots of scrolls and wasted space (see the image below).

Thanks

Example 2.png

Like # people like this
Susanne Ertle April 25, 2024

I have been playing with the database and quite like them so far, but I am still missing functionality, currently the following:

1. Be able to scroll from horizontally at any point in the database. I have a supplier database which is several screens long, so wanting to go to the last column really is a pain. Yes, I can do views, but that doesn't really help me when I am still creating the database.
  2. In your Page details you say: "The page details field enables you to display the metadata of a linked Confluence page. For example, to share who created this page and when or to display rich text from your excerpt macro."
    And while almost all of these are metadata, I would say Excerpt is NOT. For me it is rather the Page properties that would be metadata.
  3. However, I very much like the idea of Excerpt, it allows us to directly show the important bits of linked Confluence pages and provide a nice overview of the page content, similar to the Jira issue details. But it needs to go a bit further than it is today, it must also be possible to select the name of the excerpt on the page, so I can have different ones.
    For my supplier database it would be really of great interest to see which risk we attribute the approved or rejected supplier, see the risks evaluation results for the different parts, i.e., Security, Finance, etc. and the justification, why we approve a supplier even though there might be some risk.
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events