Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding fields on embedded Database doesn't seem to work

Maik van Rossum April 22, 2024

Hello,

Since the latest migration of the Databases for Confluence the way databases are embedded onto pages has changed.

On larger tables vertical and also horizontal scrollbars appear. The latter is really quite annoying and crippling the user experience when scrolling a page that includes a full-width Database table. There really should be a setting to avoid these kind of scrollbars.

Is this on the roadmap?

But, to avoid vertical scrolling the number of columns can be reduced... at least, as this function would work as expected. When embedding a Database there's an option to HIDE FIELDS, that works as expected within the 'preview pane'.

But after adding, publishing and refreshing the page, the full database including all its columns is displayed. No filtering or hiding of columns like in the preview.

Is this a known bug?

Regards,
Maik

3 comments

Comment

Richmond Izard_ PMP_ CFPM_ CPRP April 23, 2024

Agreed, @Maik van Rossum.

I am experiencing the same issues with saved filters and hidden columns working correctly when applied but not persisting when the page is refreshed.

Respectfully,

Richmond

Maik van Rossum April 25, 2024

Thanks for the confirmation of a / the bug.

In my case the columns even don't persist when applying the settings and closing the pop-over window.

Regards,
Maik

Cc:

@Matthew Machuca 

@Christina Ristevski 

peter.anderson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 29, 2024

I'm seeing behaviour similar to this  (Regarding filtering and hiding).  Embedding a DB allows me to set my hidden fields and filters in the embed pop up, but as soon as that goes it reverts to an unfiltered database view.

I have 'old' embedded database inserts that are filtering OK (as this used to work) but as soon as I try to meddle with them, I lose all filtering.

I'm hoping this is accepted as a bug rather than an intended feature :-)

Cheers, Pete

Like Maik van Rossum likes this
Maik van Rossum May 1, 2024

@Matthew Machuca @Christina Ristevski could you please confirm that this is a known bug or not?

Maik van Rossum May 7, 2024

No response from the team, then I will send in a support request because it's just another bug.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events