Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature request : filtering Confluence pages based on labels

Valerie Blondel July 4, 2023

Hi there !

Is there a way, in a database, to call and link Confluence pages on which you have a specific label only ? thanks !

By this I mean a functionnality similar to the "content by label" macro ?

Thanks !

Valérie

3 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2023

Hi @Valerie Blondel 

Thanks for trying out Databases! :)

Do you mean: Filter the Database to only view pages that have a certain label?

If so, that should be possible

• Have a database that contains a field of type Page Link.
  • Next you create a field of type Page Labels, that references that Page Link field.
  • Then you can filter base on the Page Labels field.

Hope that makes sense!
-Stefan

0 votes
Answer accepted
Valerie Blondel July 5, 2023

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for answering.

Here is a more detailed example.  Just for your info, working on a statement of applicability for an ISO 27001 certification.As you might know, this is a list of controls. 

I developped one label by control.  For example, the label control "a-05-01-27002".

This control appears on different ISO procedures and instructions, documented on several Confluence pages. Here are all the pages on which you can find the "a-05-01-27002":

Content by label.png

I also have one Jira issue by control, so that I can monitor the progress of its implementation.

Here is now my Database

2023-07-05 11_00_45-Test database déclaration d'applicabilité - Valerie Blondel - Confluence – Brave.png

As you can see, I have a column showing the label. 

In the column "Procédures, instructions and enregistrements", next to it, I would like all Confluence pages to appear automatically, based on the label "a-05-01-27002".

Right now, if I am not mistaken, I still have to go and link the Confluence pages one by one?

(Just for your info, those Confluence pages are also linked to the Jira issue, in this case the issue IDAP-1.   One alternative would be to be able to retrieve all those Confluence pages from IDAP-1, but this does not seem to be possible either).

Do you see anyway to solve this?

Thanks !

Valérie

Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2023

Thanks for the clarification.

Right now, if I am not mistaken, I still have to go and link the Confluence pages one by one?

Yeah, the approach I described would require you to do that. And yes, that's not the ideal approach in your case.

Creating a list of pages dynamically (like you described) is not possible.

-Stefan

Like Valerie Blondel likes this
Valerie Blondel July 5, 2023

Hi there ! 

Thanks for answering.  If there is anyway we could put this on a "new feature" backlog, that would be awsome.

Have a good one !

Valérie

0 votes
Divya Sriram
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2023

Great question and conversation @Valerie Blondel and @Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_ .

Stefan's right Valerie, the only way to do that today is to add each page one by one, but it is an interesting approach for us to think through in the long term for databases and Confluence. How can we pull in Confluence content based on set criteria.

Would also love to learn more about this use case if you want to have a quick chat:  https://calendly.com/divyasriram

Love that you're using databases and thanking you for dropping feedback!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events