where is the insert->Markup button?

David Moore October 16, 2019

Over here, it says: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-wiki-markup-938044804.html that you can insert markup this way:

Insert a block of wiki markup (or markdown) into the Confluence editor. (Choose Insert > Markup.)

I don't see that under /insert:

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 2.33.21 PM.png

It seems like if I type markdown, it does the right thing, but when I paste markdown it just comes in as a code block.

I have some docs I typed up in a MD file on my mac and want to get them into confluence.

3 answers

0 votes
Jacob Taylor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 10, 2024

You can also copy the preview mode of your markdown document and it will paste directly into Confluence properly formatted. I've only done this a few times, but it has worked every time so far.

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2020

Hello there @David Moore !
As you have noticed, our documentation shows some content that is not consistent with the New Editor (Fabric).  I understand that it has been a long time since your question but, I believe that we can give some kind of update!

I have tried to follow the same documentation while using the new editor. As expected, it failed. The features mentioned there are not available for the New Editor.

With this in mind, I filed this bug report aiming at the fix of our documentation:

Currently, our new editor does not support Markup, as explained here:

The workaround explained within the report raised by me relies on the usage of our Legacy Editor (tinyMCE). You should be able to access it. If you are not, there are ways for you to request it, as explained here:

I hope this helps you out! Looking forward to your reply.

David Moore April 10, 2020

this helps, thanks for letting me know!

Like Diego likes this
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2020

Hey, great to know that! Thanks for keeping the thread alive @David Moore .

0 votes
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019
David Moore October 17, 2019

Thanks for sharing that, but it only allows you to type markdown, not insert markdown via a paste action.

A workaround may be to using some kind of automation to "type" the text into the window, but that feels kind of crappy.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events