syntax identification XML seems inconsistent

Lesley Heizman October 4, 2019

Hey!

I had a question from some of my engineering team regarding syntax highlighting in Confluence Cloud and some inconsistencies they are seeing. It seems that when adding /code blocks listed as XML, not all offer syntax colors? 

For example the blocks of code are very similar, but in one section it picked up the syntax for XML correctly and one section it did not. Not sure what would cause this, any suggestions? Anything we should check and/or try? 

Thanks! 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2020

Hello Lesley,

Hope you are doing well. I came across your question today, and although you asked this several months ago, I was curious if you were still having this issue. I'd like to know more about it.

If it's still something you'd like to look into, could you tell me if your engineering team noticed this issue was more in the new Confluence editor, or is it in the legacy editor? Would you be able to show me an example of the differences in syntax highlighting you are experiencing?

Thank you,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events