Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quick way to link to different parts of a page using search

Josh Dunnagan April 19, 2022

I've been asked to create a knowledge base within Confluence.  This is going to be for your technical support team.  After being used for a couple of weeks we could have hundreds of issues/errors noted on the page.  I'm struggling to figure out two things.  

1. how do I enable them to enter an error id and solution at the top of the page and then hit a "submit" button and the data is added to the end of a list of information?

2. how do I enable the search functionality so when they type in an error ID the page scrolls to the error they are searching for.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2022

Hi @Josh Dunnagan Welcome to Community!

You mention that this is for your technical support team: where are they getting the error information from? For example, are they copying details from bugs that have been raised on your support portal? Or maybe just identified in a Jira software project?

Josh Dunnagan April 27, 2022

Hi @Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_ ,

They are getting the information from our internal software.  They would be copying the information over to Confluence then entering in what they did to resolve the issue.  Then in the future anyone on the support team would be able to look up the error and see what was done to resolve it.

Hope that helps answer your question.

Thanks! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events