number and bullet lists not supported in expand macro in v2 pages

Carl Stewart January 22, 2020

With the v1 pages, I was able to put number/bullet lists inside the expand macro.  I'm not able to do this with a v2 page.

2 answers

3 votes
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2020

@Carl Stewart 

What do you mean by v2 page? Do you mean page created with new Confluence editor?

I am able to create number and bullet lists inside an expand macro using the new editor.

Are you getting any error at your end? What browser are you using? I tested on Chrome Version 79.0.3945.117 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Edit mode:

Edit.png

Published page:

Published.png

Carl Stewart January 22, 2020

I had put the expand macro in the cell of a table.  I saw in the toolbar that the number and bullet lists buttons were greyed out as well.

Like # people like this
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2020

@Carl Stewart 

You are right. This is due to a known limitation with the nested bodied macros inside other macros within the new editor. This is being tracked in this feature request: [CONFCLOUD-68323 Nest Expand or other Bodied Macros in another Macro|https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-68323].

For additional details, you can refer to our public documentation about the [Confluence Cloud Editor Roadmap|https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-cloud-editor-roadmap-967314556.html].

Carl Stewart January 24, 2020

Don't try to push incomplete features until they are complete then.

Like # people like this
Deleted user March 9, 2020

@Veera Please fix this feature; it was and continues to be very useful. Another thing that I miss from the old editor is being able to link uploaded files to particular text. Now text can only be linked to URLs not files.

Like # people like this
Brandon Meyer January 11, 2021

I'm with Carl here. Why do you push people to a new editor when they are not feature parity? Why would you even think about this? At least a large company, I guess you're too large for your own good now, would know better than to reduce functionality from your base just to appease your new customers, I get it but its still wrong to hide these these things, at least have a link to the old editor. Very poor product management and worse QA. I guess they do things differently down under.

Like # people like this
2 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
April 10, 2020

Hello @Carl Stewart !
I certainly understand your frustration when it comes to features we rely on. Looking at your situation, I was able to reliably replicate the issue every time I needed.
With these results I raised a new Bug Report that points exactly into this. Here, take a look:

Currently, the best course of action is to vote and watch this report. Voting increases the visibility of such issue and watching it will keep you up to date with everything posted there.

The last thing I have to tell you is that there is a workaround to this situation. It involves using the Legacy Editor (tinyMCE). With the old editor, as you have noted in your question, this procedure is possible.

You should be able to still use the Legacy Editor. If it is not available, you are able to request it, as explained here:

I hope this helps you, @[deleted] and anyone else who happens to fall into this thread! Let us know your thoughts on this.

Carl Stewart April 13, 2020

I will continue to use the legacy editor for any pages I plan to add.  I do not plan to move to the new editor until it is exactly the same as the legacy editor.  That includes the way tables are handled with the buttons in the toolbar, the table position not being stretched to fill the page, and the ability to view the source and copy it to a new page.

Like Brandon Meyer likes this
Gregor Greiner May 9, 2022

@Carl Stewart How can I use the legacy editor over the v2?

Like Gregor Greiner likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events