@mention not working on confluence cloud

Hanson Lee February 28, 2020

I am trying to create a confluence demo for my company using the free version of Confluence Cloud. However, I am not able to get the @mention to work. Whenever I type @my_username, the search box does not appear to select a user. Since this is Confluence Cloud, there is no rebuilding index option. I made sure that "Disable auto-formatting" and "Disable auto complete" is unchecked in my editor setting. I waited for 1 day but the issue is not resolved. The confluence cloud version is Confluence 1000.0.0-949df984f929. 

Any other idea I should try? 

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2020

Hello, @Hanson Lee.

I'll be happy to help you fix this issue on your site. Could you tell me, are you able to mention any users at all, or just not your specific username? 

Secondly, is this using the new editor or the legacy editor? Is anyone else having the same issue?

Regards,

Shannon

Hanson Lee March 2, 2020

I only have myself as a user at this moment to set things up, so there is just one user. I don't know if this is the new editor or not. I only just registered on Confluence Cloud last week, so I suppose it is the new one and not the legacy one. I have previous experience using the local version of Confluence before. 

Hope the information helps.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2020

Hi Hanson,

Thank you for confirming. 

The free Cloud site associated with your email address currently has three users. We've run a re-association that should fix your issue.

Could you confirm if you're now able to mention your user?

Shannon

Hanson Lee March 3, 2020

Hi Shannon,

Looks like it is still not fixed yet. Is there anything I should do on my end? Here is a screen shot of what it looks like. 

confluence_issue1.gif

Hanson

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 4, 2020

Hi Hanson,

Thank you for testing that. 

I've raised a support ticket for you now, because we need to have a look at your site to fix the problem.

Once the issue is resolved with support, please feel free to let us know here what the problem was. 

Regards,

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 23, 2020

Hi Hanson,

I see that you were able to resolve your issue by restarting your browser; glad to hear it!

I know that it has been a while, but I just wanted to add the update on this, in case other users were having the same issue.

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events