Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

iframe macro postmessage - resize iframe, dynamic height

Wondering if there is a event listener on confluence cloud which listens for messages sent from embedded iframe to resize them?

e.g.:

- I wish to use iframe macro to embed some page

- I do not know width and height of iframe upfront

- I do control iframe content

idea here is to make something like: 

window.postMessage('resizeMe', {...}, '*')

inside iframe so confluence can resize it, but can not find is there such listeners available

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Alexandr, 

I don't know if you still need an answer to your question. 

It does not seem to be possible by default to manage iframes dynamically as you need to. But, you can build your own macro that manage dynamically iframes, with the Dynamic Content Macro
In fact, there is a function in this module which to be able to resize dynamically a content which is called in the macro (AP.resize(w,h)).

I hoe this will help you. 

Boris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Admins, notify your Jira instance of system-wide changes with the new admin announcement banner

Hi All! We’re excited to share the launch of an announcement banner that lets Jira site administrators communicate directly to their users across their  Jira Cloud instance.  ...

379 views 13 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you