how to make a difference between two pages

Francoise DUCLOS January 16, 2020

I want to be able to make a difference between two pages , thoses are différent and coming from several parts of my space

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2020

Hello Francoise,

I just came across your question and I noticed that we didn't get an answer for you regarding your requirement.

From what I understand, you want something similar that the Excerpt Include Macro provides, except that you want the content not to be updated when the page is updated. You want to display a historical excerpt. Is that right?

If not, perhaps I could use some further clarification, or if you have an image describing the type of macro you require.

Regards,

Shannon

Francoise DUCLOS April 22, 2020

Hello Shannon

Thanks very much for your post. YOu are right and you understood clearly my needs :-)

Regards

Françoise

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2020

Hi Françoise,

Thank you for confirming, and I'm terribly sorry for the delay. This isn't a functionality of Confluence at this time, but I'm working to find some kind of feature request or solution for you.

Thank you for your patience!

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
May 1, 2020

Hello Françoise,

I hope you are well!

I discovered a case where upon viewing a historical version of a page, even the excerpt macros will include the most recent version. This confirms that it is also not possible to display historical excerpts in a page.

A feature request was created as a result of that, but it has been closed since we don't have plans to implement this in the near future.

• CONFCLOUD-28699 Provide a content history change for the excerpt include macro

I believe that for you, the best solution would be to use an add-on that can help you with this. I found two that could work for you.

Both of these solutions appear to handle multiple excerpts. You could create one for each version and re-use it, without worrying about it changing on the page.

If you want to give it a try, you can get a free trial of the add-ons and see if it meets your needs.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Shannon

0 votes
Jessica
Atlassian Team
February 1, 2020

Hi @Francoise DUCLOS  can you describe what you are trying to accomplish a bit more? 

If you want to include a part of a page in Confluence onto another page you can do that with the excerpt include macro:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/excerpt-include-macro-724765190.html

You can also include an entire page with the page include macro:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/include-page-macro-724765214.html

Francoise DUCLOS February 3, 2020

Hi @Jessica 

In fact I want to be able to "blocked" a version and I want to be able to say, this file is representative of the step A end this one of the step B.  The big problme with Confluence is to have a new version at each change. SO it is quite impossible to "fix" a step. As the notion of history and of version doesn't exist, it is quite difficult to trace the differents steps of the history. Don't know if it is clear... tell me

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events