Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confluence cloud migration SSO setup

Eddie Chang August 19, 2019

we are using Atlassian Access SSO for Jira Cloud and we are going to migrate confluence to cloud. Do I need to migrate confluence users to cloud?

How do I setup confluence using Atlassian Access?

End goal is to use Access for both cloud jira and confluence. 

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2019

Hi Eddie,

If you’re only using Single Sign-on (SSO) and not user provisioning (SCIM) as well, there is nothing to be done, as long as the email address is the same. Once SSO is activated for a domain, users with email addresses in that domain will be forced to use SSO everywhere in Atlassian Cloud. So even if they have access to a different Jira or Confluence (or Bitbucket, Trello, Atlassian Community etc) they will have to use SSO

Eddie Chang August 23, 2019

Thanks for the info. We are using Okta integration on our JIRA cloud by following this link

https://saml-doc.okta.com/SAML_Docs/How-to-Configure-SAML-2.0-for-Atlassian-Cloud.html#enabling_2

and we use have user provisioning on JIRA cloud. Do I still need to do anything on Confluence cloud migration?

Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2020

Hi Eddie,

No. If Jira and Confluence are on the same site (same URL), then the user provisioning functionality will push users and groups from Okta to your site. 

In the site administration area, under the Products Access tab, you can specify which group gives access to which application. This way you can configure user access to Atlassian applications directly from Okta.

Example: You push 2 groups from Okta: Atlassian_Jira_Users and Atlassian_Confluence_Users. You can then specify that one of them gives access to Jira and the other to Confluence. 

If, however, you have Jira and Confluence on different URLs (different sites), you must make sure that both sites are in the same organization. Okta will then push the users and groups to the organization and from there they will be pushed in both sites.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events