Will changing the Atlassian account name break existing links between Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket

A L April 24, 2019

Firstly, can the Atlassian account name i.e. <account-name>.atlassian.net, be renamed?

If so, if the account name is changed, will this then break existing links between Confluence, Jira, & BitBucket ?

Or is there a way to change the account name and/or fix the links without manually editing every Jira card, Confluence page, BitBucket issue?

Many thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2019

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

This feature is currently being tested and rolled out to Cloud instances. We will need to have a look at your instance itself in order to tell if it would be eligible for such a change.

Have a look here for more information:

• CLOUD-7184 More Easily Change Atlassian Cloud URL Domain

I would recommend that you reach out to Cloud Support directly so that they can assist you with this. 

I don't have the exact details on how the rename is working behind the scenes, but my assumption would be that it shouldn't break your Bitbucket Cloud connection. In the event that it does, the fix should be fairly easy. The support team will be able to confirm this information with you.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events