Why isn't the XML-parsing error in Page Properties Report fixed already?

jeff kennedy February 5, 2020

Under certain circumstances this error is appearing in the results of a Page Properties Report:

• Error: [com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxLazyException] Unexpected character ' ' (code 32) (missing name?) at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [x,y]

...which is very like, but not identical to, the bug reported as resolved a few years ago in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-37081

The reproducible steps i have here related to how an academic publication is being referenced --- when it's done in the correct format, it says something like this:

• Disney, M. & Harrow, G. (2016) Echo's Bones — a story to make people shudder, etc, etc, etc.

...the offending/triggering character sequence is, in this instance, period-space-ampersand, ". &", which, when i remove, renders the remaining text faithfully in the Page Properties Report.

However, i need the publication format to be correct both when people see it on the underlying page and also in the rendered Page Properties Report.

What's the issue with ". &", and are there similar constructions that also trigger this error, and what remedies and/or product fixes are in the pipeline to address this?

confcloudpagepropertiesreport01.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2020

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for raising this with us. It looks like it could be a new bug. Could you please raise a ticket with our Support Team, so we can have a look at your error logs and create a new bug if needed?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Shannon 

jeff kennedy February 13, 2020

Thanks Shannon, that's done now, and the support-ticket reference is JST-550845.

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2020

Thanks, Jeff.

I've left a comment on there for Suba, but I'll be watching the case so we can get this thread updated once it's resolved.

Thank you again and take care,

Shannon

Like jeff kennedy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events