Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do emojis in Headings sometimes not appear in the Table of Contents?

elizabeth July 18, 2022

I have headings with emojis that render in the table of contents, however, they do NOT render for my teammates. Is there a display issue on their end?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2022

@elizabeth I am moving your question from Questions for Confluence to Confluence Questions (one is a product, the other is a group) to get more visibility on this issue for you. 

It would help if you posted screenshots of what you are seeing vs. what your teammates are seeing. Are you both viewing on the same platform (Mac, PC, iOS, etc.)? Could it be that the teammates don't have the same Emoji library you do?

elizabeth July 18, 2022

@Andy Gladstone Thank you for your response! Myself and teammates are on Macbook and the emojis in question are in the same emoji library for all of us. However, I noticed one of my teammates that when refreshing their page, you can see a ghost of the emoji placeholder during the refresh, but it does not render.

Here is a screenshot showing the TOC with the missing emojis:Missing Emoji in TOC.png

Here is a screenshot of the heading with the emojis:

F3DD70B8-0C9A-4E27-9987-45D62A15808D_4_5005_c.jpeg

elizabeth July 19, 2022

@Andy Gladstone did a poll with our team and a few don't see the emojis, but I think the ones not rendering are custom. Is there a main emoji library that the custom emojis can be added to so everyone at our Org in Confluence can see them? Thank you!

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2022

I'm a PC user, so not familiar with the potential library available on Mac. I'd imagine it would be the emoji library referenced here: https://emojipedia.org/apple/

Hope this helps. Do any that appear on that list have trouble rendering for your users?

elizabeth July 19, 2022

@Andy Gladstone Thank you for your feedback. The emjois from the Apple library render fine, I believe it is the custom emojis that do not render!

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2022

Glad to be of assistance. While my organization is not a heavy emoji user in Confluence, we experience the same issues in Slack when users create custom emojis.

elizabeth July 19, 2022

Oh, we are HEAVY emoji users over here! and I've created a bunch of custom ones, now realizing there are probably custom emojis not rendering all over our space. I've reached out to our Site Admin as I have learned they can manage and delete these custom emojis from https://[yourdomain].atlassian.net/admin/emoji

I read this info from this help article in case it helps anyone else. Thank you again!

Like Andy Gladstone likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events