Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I lose HTML macro formatting when exporting to PDF?

Matt Treder December 5, 2012

Within a Confluence page, we have sections coded in HTML using the {html} macro. However, when we use the Scroll Wiki tool to export the pages to PDF, most of the html formatting is gone. Bolded text remains as such, but all the line breaks and spaces are not recognized, and that's the same for lists that contain sublists - everything looks to just run together.

Any idea why the scroll pdf tool is only recognizing some of the HTML in the macro but not all of it? Is there any simple fix to remedy this problem?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matt Treder December 13, 2012

The line break code that was being used </br> was being recognized as HTML code, but the scroll tool did not accept it. Switching the line break to <br/>, which I believe is the more correct tag, fixed the issue and the scroll wiki tool now keeps the formatting. Simple solution.

Thanks for the input!

0 votes
Matt Treder December 13, 2012

Thanks for the input! It appears that the issue was the HTML line break code that was being used </br> worked with the HTML, but the scroll didn't recognize that code. Changing the tag to <br/> (which I believe is the correct HTML line break tag) fixed the issue.

0 votes
Selcuk Savas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2012

Hi Matt,

You may need to create a CSS for the pdf and include formatting elements in it.

I suggest to use classes and ids for them.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Selcuk

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2012

Hi Matt

I suggest you to check if there's any PDF stylesheet set that can be overriden your HTML code to cause this.

To do that, check this on Confluence Admin > PDF stylesheet.

If that's not the case, check out your Confluence logs for any warning or errors regarding the scroll wiki tool.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events