Why can’t a user see the content of the page property report macro from a different space?

Stefan Meier February 5, 2020

I have some information about Jira configuration in the space “Atlassian Documentation” on several pages that use the page property macro. 

Next I created a site in a different space “Intranet” for some users using the page property report macro so that users can see relevant information from the “Atlassian Documentation” space in their Space. 

I could see all the information on the new site in the space “Intranet”, the users could not. Well, it was understandable, because they did not have access rights for the space “Atlassian Documentation”.

Now I gave them view rights for the “Atlassian Documentation” space, however, they still can’t see the content of the macro.

How can I fix it?

1 answer

0 votes
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2020

Hi @Stefan Meier ,

It does sound like you still have a permissions issue. The next loginal thing to check is if the page(s) in the Atlassian space that are utilizing the Page Property macro have any Restrictions on them.

Also, does anything at all display to the users where the content should be shown? Error message? Blank space?

Darryl

Hi @Darryl St_ Pierre , 

there are no restrictions on the site using the report macro or above. 

there page property report macro gives the following output: no content found.Capture.PNG

However, I see the following:

CADC9A61-4510-43C3-B708-2E82FCD92713.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events