Who created a user

Mark_Holdread January 4, 2019

I see that a user was created and given access to groups they should not have been.  There are 5 people (other than myself) who have the ability to do this.  They all deny that they did it.  I need to determine who did it.

How can I find out?  I can see the time stamp of when it was done, but how do I see who did this?

Mark

1 answer

0 votes
Danny Coleman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2019

As admin, you have access to the Audit Log, which will tell you who performed what action and when it was performed. That should help you get the info you need. Check out the page below for more details.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/audit-log-802164269.html

Hope that helps!

Every audit log entry shows the user as "System."  Even things I just did, logged in under my account.  (Below is a screenshot.  All of the 4 Jan items are things I did)...

image.png

In JIRA, all audit log events show the author as JIRA...

image.png

I checked, there are no users named "System" nor "JIRA" that appear in Users under User Management...

Peter Danko June 17, 2020

@Mark_Holdreaddid you have luck with identifying why author is system/Jira user? I have face off the same issue and I can't figure out where is the problem. Thank you.

Mark_Holdread June 17, 2020

I filed a ticket with the Atlassian Service Desk.  They were able to ID the actual user through a table to which admins, such as myself, do not have access.  It took a day or two, but the actual user was identified.

Like Ian Mitchell likes this
Luiz Santos August 23, 2021

Any news here? I have the same situation...

Like Sascha Gaidzinski likes this
Louange HIRWA May 16, 2022

I have the same too. No answer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events