Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the Anchor macro?

Santi P October 10, 2019

I know there is a way to insert the anchor macro on a page, but this macro does not show up when I look for it or try shortcuts. Does anyone know how to resolve this?  I want it for navigation within a page.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2019

Hi @Santi P ,

Currently the Anchor Macro is unavailable in new editor of confluence cloud and no configuration is available from atlassian to switch to old editor.

Also we can see that already Anchor Macro feature is listed in Confluence Editor Roadmap 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-66773

Thanks,

Avinash

Matt Barta October 29, 2019

Thanks for removing yet another useful tool in the new editing "Experience" when do you plan to add this back? Or are we just getting rid of useful features for good? this is a common theme today as a rebuild a page in the "New" editor....

Like # people like this
Tolu Tourialai February 1, 2021

The issue is set to Won't Do, does this mean that we won't be able to use anchors at all, or that there is an alternative? Agree with @Matt Barta  100%. This is a basic functionality. At least have allow the option to use plain Markdown....

Like # people like this
5 votes
David Davis May 6, 2020

Atlassian, if you are going to remove features, you might at least remove the help associated with them too. (Or at least update the help to make clear that the Anchor macro is no longer present if you switch to the new editor). Very confusing. 

1 vote
dat_timd August 29, 2020

Really???  Another vital feature removed every time you "upgrade" the editor!!!

1 vote
Santi P October 10, 2019

Looks like they tried to improve it but failed to create a working product. Why would they keep the anchor feature help sections if this is no longer supported?

Matt Barta October 29, 2019

That's my question, another lost feature... great. Confluence is getting worse instead of better? 

Like René Wetzel likes this
0 votes
René Wetzel February 26, 2021

Still no anchor macro available... WTF!!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events