Where are my 'delete' buttons next to the attachments?

Anak Fermont May 10, 2022

In the attachments overview I used to have delete buttons for deleting attachments. Now they are gone and I can't delete attachments.

My permissions haven't changed, I'm still site-admin. How can I delete attachments from my spaces?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2022

Hi @Anak Fermont ,

delete attachment permission is per space and you could have not this permission even if you are a Confluence site admin. Please check your permissions for a single space.

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/what-are-space-permissions/

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 

Thanks for your answer, but this is not the solution. I am also the space admin.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2022

Please could you share me a screenshot?

Sure, next to that I've added a screenshot of my permissions in the space.

screen_perm.PNGscreen_admin.PNG

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2022

Here is the space details. Where do you need to delete attachments from?

Like Srinatha T likes this

I used to delete the attachments from the attachments page (see screenshot), but now I don't have the buttons anymore.screen_attacments.PNG

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2022

Based on the following doc https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/manage-uploaded-files/ it seems that you can't do that. Are u sure that you can do that previously?

Maybe I'm misreading... but where does the the documentation say I can't do that?

This screenshot tells me I should be able to delete attachments, right?

screen_doc.PNG

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2022

That screenshot is related to an attachments macro on a specific page. From a page you should be able to do that.

Your previous screenshot was related to space attachments. This is the related content :

View all attached files in a space

To view all the files in a space:

1. Go to the space in Confluence Cloud.

2. Select Space Settings from the sidebar. 

3. Select Attachments from the Manage pages card.

Alternately, you can insert the space attachments macro on a page to display a list of all the attachments in a space. If you use this method, you can use the filters to display only files with a particular label or file extension. 

Output of the space attachments macro for a sample page
Like Anak Fermont likes this

Ah, I guess I deleted attachments from a specific page then. Shame you can't delete them from the space settings attachments page.

Thanks anyway!

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2022

You're welcome @Anak Fermont . Please mark my answer as accepted so that this thread can be considered closed

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events