When on the Free Plan, no space is publicly accessible, correct?

Joshua Eby October 22, 2019

I know the free plan does not include advanced permissions and when on the Global Permission screen, Anonymous Acccess is all marked Can't Use, which is what I need right now, but I just want to be certain that means unless they have an account on the site are are logged in, they cannot see anything... correct?  Looking to try this out for internal documentation, not public so just trying to be sure.

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2019

Hi @Joshua Eby ,

By default Anonymous Access is disabled and if you want your instance to be public you can Edit and select "use confluence".

if you looking for only internal use then do not alter default configurations and users with account and confluence users group will be able to view the confluence spaces.

Thanks,

Avinash 

Joshua Eby October 22, 2019

Thank you!  That was what I had gathered, but wanted to be sure!  Have a great day!

0 votes
Jake April 21, 2020

It is still ambiguous. Intuitively I gather that they are saying it is private, but it is not being explicitly stated and part of the problem is that assumptions are being made about terminology being understood. When I think of "site" I automatically think of the entire site (as in primary domain, as in atlassian.com and including each and every one of it's users - not some subset of that). The messages given in the account not explicit either - saying "anyone who's logged in can view and edit all pages" in the Space Settings > Permissions > (Restricted Pages - Tab) page.  "Anyone" can mean a lot of things depending on the context. Anyone can mean any atlassian user (which is my natural conclusion when I read that). Please provide a detailed and explicit answer that addresses each and every terminology in complete and total context - as if you are talking to someone that has no idea what you are talking about (because you are). Be very, VERY comprehensive please.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Are-spaces-in-the-free-account-accessible-to-the-public-or-not/qaq-p/1356743#M174153

Ana July 9, 2020

I'm trying to figure this out myself and it seems that you didn't receive an answer so far.

Did you manage to find out in the meantime?

Thanks.

0 votes
Giulio Faini October 28, 2019

But any Confluence user can see my free pages? It is not clear.

Luca Domenichini November 17, 2019

I agree that it is not clear. If I want my content to be private (FMYO), am I sure that no other Confluence user can see it?

K Nadrowska March 15, 2020

That's what I wanted to be sure too. Only users invited to my site can see my spaces and pages? Or all logged Conflunce users?

Like Jake likes this
Jake April 21, 2020

The question was asked and answered but it looks like there is still some confusion

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events